Problem with Block Open Proxy Registrants

Advertise a phpBB hack or request help with an existing one.

Moderator: TerraFrost

Problem with Block Open Proxy Registrants

Postby oldcqr » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:30 pm

Hi there!

I successfully installed this mod on phpbb 2.0.19, and ran a couple of checks on Ip addresses - 1 mine, and 1 known proxy. Both tests ran fine in the ACP. Here is the result of the known proxy.

Checking 218.57.243.62...
Hostname: 218.57.243.62

Open Transparent HTTP Proxy Server Detected on Port 80.

Since I had a successful test, I enabled the mod. Anyone that tries to register (myself included), gets an error:

General Error
Error Scanning for proxies

there are no errors in error_log.

Is there a way to get some more debug information out to figure out what's causing this to die? Have any hints on where I can look to get to the bottom of this?

Thanks!

-Mike
oldcqr
Traveler

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:10 pm

I have no idea why you're getting that error. The best way to figure out is probably to, via pm, just give me a temp. FTP account, if you're willing...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby LordOfKao$ » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:46 pm

Hi,

Is there any news on this? I currently have quite a large site that was working ok but now comes up with the error illustrated above. The site has been working ok but then all of a sudden it started spitting out the error. Unfortunately FTP access is out of question - hence my post.

Hope you can help or shed some light on the subject,

Regards
LordOfKao$
LordOfKao$
Traveler

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:51 pm

You can try a beta v3.0.0, here:

http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/ ... y3.0.0.zip

To be honest, though, this MOD can give results one might not initially expect in more ways than I can count. Often times, it's just that people have unreasonable expectations (like being able to detect cgi proxies, or whatever), but other times, the problems are simply beyond my control (such as a host employing network address translation).

For that reason, in fact, I don't think I'll be submitted v3.0.0 to any sites. I'll probably rewrite the DNSBL thing to better familiarize myself with the DNS protocol, but bleh.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to phpBB Hacks and MODs