log IP on registration mod question

Advertise a phpBB hack or request help with an existing one.

Moderator: TerraFrost

log IP on registration mod question

Postby macgig » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:13 am

hi,

the first step says this:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_regip CHAR(8) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

How do I do this? I have no idea. I checked the docs, and can't find any info on how to do this first step. Also, what it I goof up? how do I do this safely without messing the database up?

thanks.
macgig
Traveler

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:49 am

Plug the query into sql.phpmix.com, read the directions, and run the resultant script.

As for the likelyhood of errors cropping up... well, lets just say that you're about as likely get a damaged database as you are to get hit by lightning. Neither is impossible, but neither are they very likely.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby macgig » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:56 am

Im still lost, so I guess I better not try. :( course, I dont have many posts, and only have 4 users. the forum is new. so if I goof up, Im not losing much data.

I dunno. :/ hmmmm.. decisions desisions.

thanks for the help
macgig
Traveler

Postby Drazo » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:41 am

You can always back-up your database so if something does happen you can restore it later. ;) And database related errors are generated by php usually because php can't find a specific table or field. Having extra fields and tables whether it's used by phpBB or not should be harmless as far as I know. Just make sure you update the database before editing the files. And don't forget to back-up all the files too so you can restore them as well.
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Return to phpBB Hacks and MODs