try it now!

Advertise a phpBB hack or request help with an existing one.

Moderator: TerraFrost

try it now!

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:22 am

if you try to write some really long sentance without space, kindalikethis, a horozontal scroll bar will appear, due to word wrapping limitations...

anyways, those problems have been resolved. so...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

(just try quoting this post, and you'll see that the above doesn't really have line feeds)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nuxius » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:25 am

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Nuxius » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:26 am

And thus, the magic happens. :lila
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Gigafrost » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:51 pm

Excellent. :)

Hellothisisatestoftheemergencylongpostbroadcastsystemwherewemakesurethatlongpostsdon'tstaytoolongorsomethingalongthatlinebutreallyI'dexpectforittoatleastbecutoffaboutnowbutthat'sokayandallthatbecauselikeIsaidit'sjustatestoftheemergencylongpostbroadcastsystemandallthatbutreallyit'snotalongpostthat'sbeingtestedbutabunchofwordswithoutcommasandspacessothey'reanincrediblylongrunonsentenceofdoom

*fin*

Edit: Eep. Potential bug? Characters are disappearing in the above post...notice the "s" from "sure" is gone as is the "p" from expected...or does it work by replacing every xth character with a newline come display time?
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Neerowolf » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:32 pm

Yes, but when you go to reply, theres plenty of spaces. Screws it up. If only you could fix that.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:50 pm

the problem giga described should be fixed. a problem with replies has been fixed as well, although i'm not sure if this is the problem neero is describing...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:55 pm

Yes, exactly. Now that I go to reply, its fixed. I had to scroll over for about 3 second until I found the submit key last time. O.o
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:13 pm

It's all cool. :)
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Wolfie » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:06 pm

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby BattleFrost » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:42 pm

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Can't read like this.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby Drazo » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:28 pm

Wolfie wrote:wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Dam, you stole my idea.... :p
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Chicago 2003 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:55 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bug?

dont work with some characters?
Last edited by Chicago 2003 on Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chicago 2003
Traveler

Postby Dev » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:17 pm

Eek i have to scroll horizontel in the reply screen. Anyways...............

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TEEEEEEEEEE
Come tonight di di di di di di di di di oh come tonight

Woah I almost couldnt even see the submit button!

EDIT: This is offtopic but when I posted a thread on the contest cooler it said to either make it sticky or normal. Weird.
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:33 pm

bug?

perhapes, although atm, i can't see why. spaces are being put where they should be to make ie do word wrapping.

hmmmm.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:27 am

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!

bug?

it sorta does, now...

to try this temporary fix out, find this line in bbcode.php

Code: Select all
         $finalText .= $tempText . $curChar . " ";

and replace it with this line:

Code: Select all
         $finalText .= $tempText . $curChar . "<br>";

the draw back to this fix is that browsers that don't need word wrapping will have it forced on them at 80 characters, whereas they didn't, before. considering this, i'm gonna wait a while to see if i can come up with some other solution before updating my Force Word Wrap hack.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Next

Return to phpBB Hacks and MODs