AIM RP

A stage for performing any type of roleplaying not related to the Frost Jedi.

Moderator: Dracofrost

AIM RP

Postby Icegaze » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:16 pm

A few years back, Neero and I created an RPG that took place in a world called Scaysith. The main site was created on MSN Groups (which can be accessed by non-MSN users) and all of the battles were played out in AIM chatrooms. This allowed for fast-paced gameplay, rather than posting on a board and waiting a few days for a reply. All of the battles were mediated by a judge. Using AIM, players could battle against each other or teamed with each other against monsters controlled by the judge.

The site itself had pages showing each member's stats and bio, along with a variety of shops and indexs.

Neero and I found the RPG to be fun, but the only members were a few close friends. I am thinking about recreating it, but I'll need to know who would play.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:29 am

I would be potentially interested, but I'd like to hear more about Scaysith before giving a definate yes.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby theprophet123 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:18 am

I would be interesting, but like Draco said I wold need to know about the owrld more.
theprophet123
Townfolk

Postby Icegaze » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:42 am

Well, the Scaysith world itslef begins as a small country. There is only Scaysith Town (shops mostly), Scaysith Castle, the Combat Academy, the Forest, and the Arena. The growth of the land would depend entirely on how active the players are. As the players RP, they discover new lands. Upon discovery and conquest, these new lands would be opened to players.
For example, Draco and myself are questing in the forest when we come upon a cliff. From the cliff we can clearly see an elven village below. After this, the new village will be posted on the site as a battle zone with a seige requirement. Let's call the village Quelthalas and let's say that in order to conquer Quelthalas, the citizens of Scaysith must defeat twelve trained wolves, 10 Elven Knights, and 4 Grand Elves. It would take a series of battles to eventually meet the requirements. After this, a Boss Battle must be fought. When the Boss is defeated, Quelthalas becomes an open RP zone.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:59 am

The game is smecks. Play!
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Icegaze » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:31 pm

The site is up and running. You don't need msn. You can get a net passport easily on the site.

http://groups.msn.com/scaysithkingdomofwar
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Return to Grand Theatre