Sci Fi RP with Fantasy-ish elements

A stage for performing any type of roleplaying not related to the Frost Jedi.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Sci Fi RP with Fantasy-ish elements

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:29 am

Anybody intrested in playing a sort of post-apocolyptic mostly hard sci-fi type of RP set a few hundred years in the future of an earth upon which humans are no longer the real rulers? And in which, during a sort of apocolypse, the vast majority of humanity was wiped out and those that survive were for the most part blasted back into the stone age? If anyone else thinks this sounds intresting so far, let's post and talk about it here some, though if it actually gets started we'll start play in a seperate thread.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:37 am

Yes! Yes! Me!

Sounds like a lot of fun .... :)
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:11 am

Alright :) Good.

Now, you see, the way the story starts... The main religion of the world, Sabaothism, worships the god Sabaoth, who rose from humanity to divinity and took his throne upon Luna (the moon). It is told that immediatly after his ascension, he sent down fire and lightning upon the world, a storm of vengeance such as the world has not seen before nor since, destroying the "evils" of technology and cities, killing most of those evil people then, and then sending down his messanger angels to inform the suriviors how to live better, and without technology, and how to properly worship him so that they would no longer incur his wrath. So anyways, the number of people on earth is now in the hundreds of millions, instead of billions, and most everyone now lives in Sabaoth worshipping hippy communes (already existant hippy communes mostly survived the apocolypse because of their distance from civilization) and Sabaoth worshipping theocratic townships and such. Nothing more advanced than a door hinge, just about.

But anyways, the player characters, are against the most of the world. They are religious heretics which hate Sabaoth for destroying most of humanity, and stealing their freedom to do as they please. There are various rebel/heretical movements, many of them grown out of the current survivalist movement. As the RP starts, all the player characters will be joining a rebel movement, for the most part starting it anew, via circumstances that will be explained in the first post of the RP thread. As a note, these rebel movements tend to hide from normal peoples, as Sabaothism encourages persecution of all heretics (like most religions, except this one has no competition that can be open at all just because of it's prevelance). So, to hide, rebel movements are usually in hard to live in places (mountain passes, deserts, etc.) and places with rememnants of technology that they might use/repair (ruins of cities, broken dams, and just general ruins of most anything.), as well as being very secretive within normal settlements. So yeah, just some more info...
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Icegaze » Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:12 pm

ALright, I'm in.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby OmegaFrost » Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:55 am

sounds cool I shall play this RP

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Dracofrost » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:24 pm

Alright, three members so far. I've decided that the RP thread will start on Tiu's Day. Er, Tuesday. Other people who are intrested can join at any time, though it'd probably be easier to fit people into the storyline if they joined before we started and were thus part of the starting group. Alright, I guess this thing is sortof gonna be like a game of D&D with me as DM, except there isn't gonna be any dice or anything, just free form... Try to come up with an idea for a character, though remember, starting out you're all pretty much commoners, as you've all lived in a small village in a valley near one forested mountain range, with the valley itself for the most part arid. This is the Wet Mountain valley located in Colorado, if you want to look and see where it'll be. Anyways, the Wet Mountains to your east are the smaller and forested mountains, while the San Gre De Cristos to the west are higher and mostly above the treeline, having snow on their peaks year round. Anyways, the village is in a small area about a mile from the forest line of the Wet Mountains to the east (which from the viewpoint of being in the valley are really more just hills, cause the valley is almost up at their peak level). Anyways, remember, your characters have lived in a low tech village all their lives, and though they may have had a tendancy to rebellion all their lives, still live in it and attend mandatory worship of Sabaoth and such. But anyways, you could be some sort of hunter, or something. You can pretty much have any sort of skills a person might develop living in a very low tech (think amish) village their whole life. You might not even start out a rebel; concieveably one of the characters could be an initiate into the clergy of Sabaothism, which might be handy for the group, as people other than the clergy tend to be illiterate. But anyways, trust me, the begining of the RP will bring the group together in heretical rebellion against Sabaoth and those humans who submit to him. Alright, so yeah, there's a little more infomation about the RP.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Neerowolf » Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:06 pm

Count me in, captain draco!
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:07 am

Alright, so now, if anyone gets an idea for their character, post it here. You know, name, description of how they like, what sortof fuction they performed in the village and from that what sortof skills they may have had. If anyone wants help developing their character, or knowing what sortof thing they could or couldn't have, just IM me on AIM, or PM me.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Icegaze » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:41 pm

Name: Tuck
Height: 6' 5
Weight: 270 (all muscle)
Weapons: Bow and Arrows, Spear
Bio: When the apocalypse struck Tuck's great great great great great grandmother took shelter in a cave in New Hampshire and was unharmed. She settled into the cave. Life became a daily struggle to live. Then, she met a wanderer. The two had a child together. Her daughters and their offspring mated with passing hunters and such, but not many survived the harsh lifestyle. Eventually there was just one woman left: Tuck's mother. But then, Tuck's father left them. Tuck's mother taught him the way of the hunter and how to read and write. One day, when Tuck was about eight years old, the cave was attacked by a large family of bears. Tuck's mother was killed in the battle. It was then that Tuck picked up his mother's bow and slayed the five remaining bears. With his mother dead, Tuck saw no reason to keep on living. He blamed Sabaoth for his mothers death. He proceeded to travel south-west in search of others like himself. When he reached the village that the story takes place in he was nine years old and severely strong. He grew up in this village and served as a hunter.
Last edited by Icegaze on Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:43 am

Umm, just a few notes Icegaze: the ascension of Sabaoth and subsequent fall of Humankind took place somewhere between 1 and 2 hundred years ago, so you're mother must have either not been born at the time or long dead of old age when you were concieved. So either way you might want edit your Bio.... Plus, if you were to openly forsake Sabaoth within the village, you'd most likely either be mobbed or just exiled or just plain kicked out. So you might be a hermit kind of hunter that lives by himself in the area near the village of Wistclive (that's the village y'all start out in). Just some things you might want to take into account or explain in more detail...
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Neerowolf » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:13 am

Name: Unknown, goes by Wyrn
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155
Skills: Tech-sense, identify
Bio: He was a hermit, and he learned to live off the land. He was one of the lucky few who wasn't driven insane by being alone, seeing as he soon learned the ways of the animals. He was, however, tormented by a powerful sense. He has the ability to sense technology. It all went back to before he became a hermit, before the rise of sabaoth, he was an experiment. They were working on an experiment to increase intelligence, enhancing brain waves, in an attempt to create the ultimate human. It was a failed, doomed experiment, so the scientists left him plugged into a series of large machines, far away from any civilization. When sabaoth destroyed all technology, he was awakened, because the technology had become a part of him. His brainwaves had simbioticly bonded with an old technology, allowing him to sense the presense of more. He awoke to find he was unaffected by age, due to a technological suspension in his body. His heart had stopped, but it hadn't stopped working. He had greater intelligence of things, but he was hurt by his sense. He ran off, as far as he could from any remaining technology, and took to being alone. His kids were long dead, he knew it, but he moved on. Eventually, he ran off east, away from some piece of old technology, and ran into the small opposition force. He finally agreed, because as more technology was found and destroyed, he began to lose power.
Last edited by Neerowolf on Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:47 am

Also, so you know, when I meant with fantasy-ish elements, that means that it seems like it would be classicified fantasy except it's all really hard sci-fi. So by acsension to divinity, I mean that Sabaoth was a human (or humans) whose personality(s) were transfered into a supercomputer that was built on the dark side of the moon, and that this supercomputer complex was in control of a self replicating factory/mining installation. So pretty much the dark side of the moon is just production, launching, and mining facilities controlled by this massive networked spread out consciousness known as "Sabaoth" which has for "humanity's own sake" blasted them back so that most of humanity died of starvation or dehydration. And then set up a religion that thinks technology is evil, but allowing the level of technology that Sabaoth and his servants, the archons (independant AI's), to be so far fetched from anything else that it is considered divinity and thus magic, not tech. But it's really all pretty well sense making logical stuff that could concieveably be very definatly developed within a century or two of current time. So, this is hard sci-fi future, just with tech that seems fantasyish in that most of humanity has been blasted back several ages but there is still stuff just a century or two in advance of current (like robotic AI and self replicating robot factories). So, Neero, sorry for the confusion of not explaining my world better that way then, but you could concievably remake him as an "angel" in that he was a cyborg that was connected into something, and either was just disconnected from the network and banished, or perhaps some sortof re-replacement surgery, with genetically regrown limbs replacing what you had replaced with cybernetic whatever. Or something. Perhaps it would be best discussed on AIM. IM when you see this then, Neero.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Icegaze » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:34 am

Hey, Draco, thanks fo the tips. But I never openly expressed my hate for Sabaoth. I just heard that these people disliked it, and moved into the village.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:51 am

If you had explained better, i probably wouldn't have done that, but i'll edit it, if thats alright...
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:48 am

Sorry for the confusion... edit away.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Next

Return to Grand Theatre