Laci Peterson

From the world's stupidest criminals to the hottest court cases, you will find something interesting to ponder here.

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:00 am

That's not surprising since it hadn't been reported at the time I posted .... sort of a scoop there, eh? I didn't major in Jouralism for nothing! :p

But, it since has been on all the national news channels that the DNA results came back that it was her and the baby and there was a huge news conference about it on the local news.

The area where he claimed to have been fishing and the area where her body was found are about 30-35 miles from here.

The gross thing is how he cut her head and hands off -- I guess he thought they wouldn't be able to identify her without dental records or fingerprints and he forgot about DNA.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:10 am

i wonder what he did with the head / hands... if he burried them, burned them, or what. burried body parts, i would think, would just make it easier to find proof that someones dead. and if he burned them, or something... then why didn't he just burn the entire body?

ah well...

anyways, ummm... i watched the news a little bit durring the start of the war with iraq, but... two weeks into it, i stopped, heh.

that, and... umm.. yay for your journalism connections! :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:37 am

Well, the body was found in the bay where he said he was fishing. He probably dropped the head and hands overboard also but in different locations within the same bay.

I think by decapitating her and removing her hands, he's pretty much going to come off looking like a monster to the jury. I mean, he *might* have been able to get away with a "she fell overboard and I panicked" type defense had he not done that. But, multilating her body by cutting into parts is gruesome and shows no remorse ... I think one has to be pretty cold, heartless and emotionless to do something like that and that it indicates premeditation, not just an accidental death.

Interestingly, when the arrested him, he had altered his appearnace significantly by growing a beard and dying his hair and beard blond.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Previous

Return to The Nifelheim Justice League