Man Arrested for Shipping Himself to Texas

From the world's stupidest criminals to the hottest court cases, you will find something interesting to ponder here.

Man Arrested for Shipping Himself to Texas

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:19 am

Crazy guy ... he took quite a risk for the few dollars he saved. Not to mention, it must have been heck of uncomfortable. O.o
DALLAS (Reuters) - A New York man trying to save a few dollars on his air fare is under investigation for stowing himself in an air cargo crate that was delivered to his parents' home near Dallas, authorities said on Tuesday.

Investigators suspect Charles McKinley of taking a two-day, 1,500-mile trip from New York to Texas, with a stop or two along the way, hidden in a wooden crate.

McKinley was delivered at the front steps of his parents' home in the Dallas suburb of DeSoto on Saturday in a box marked as containing computer parts. He was spotted by a deliveryman who noticed a pair of eyes staring at him through the wooden slats in the crate and then called police.

McKinley, from Brooklyn, apparently packed himself in the box -- perhaps with the help of a friend -- and sent himself air express on a flight that went from the New York area, with a stop near Niagara Falls, New York, to Fort Wayne, Indiana.

His crate was then sent to Dallas/Fort Worth airport on another plane and delivered to his parents' home.

McKinley told investigators, however, that he took a passenger flight from New York to Kentucky, where a friend who works in the air cargo industry helped to send him to the airport in Dallas, DeSoto police said.

Sources in the air cargo industry said it was lucky for McKinley that he was traveling in pressurized cabins with climate control, because he could have easily been killed if he flew in a cold, unpressurized compartment.

"He would have been cramped up in the fetal position in that crate," said Carl Smith, assistant chief of the DeSoto police.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:12 pm

a bill for $500 were sent to the company the friend works for.

For that much he could have had a first class ticket for that much. i figure he didn't have any much to spend.
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:46 am

I wonder what his parents think.

I mean, were they expecting the "package" ... ? What if they had not been and refused to accept it? He would have been shipped back to where he came ... :p
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dev » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:10 pm

i remmber that! i saw it on the news with my mom :p i think the guy said he was talking to himself and saying he shouldnt have done this while in the box
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Return to The Nifelheim Justice League