New Way to Dispose of Furniture?

From the world's stupidest criminals to the hottest court cases, you will find something interesting to ponder here.

New Way to Dispose of Furniture?

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:46 am

Maybe this is an appropriate place to use the line "only in New York" ... O.o

STATEN ISLAND, NY — Throwing out old furniture is nothing new. But throwing it out a sixth floor window is.

A housing police officer allegedly saw Kisha Adams, 31, tossing two couches off the sixth floor of her apartment building last week, according to court records.

The couches landed on the sidewalk, in front of the main entrance to the building. While the couch-tossing stunt seems potentially very dangerous to pedestrians below, Adams deemed it a reasonable way to dispose of unwanted furnishings.

"I'm getting rid of furniture," she told police, according to court records. "I've done it before from the eighth floor. No one's going to get hurt."

Authorities did not agree and charged Adams with first- and second-degree reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct. She had no prior arrests and was released without bail following her arraignment in Stapleton Criminal Court.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby taenadar » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:38 pm

hmmm, so if that woman gets a lover, then the man would throw the woman out of the window and then says "yeah sorry, i was just getting rid of all the odd stuff in this house" :lol

"If you drink to forget, please pay before you drink"
taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:03 pm

Heh ... that would really suck. Tho she couldn't really complain since she already said it wouldn't be dangerous to anyone! :lol
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby taenadar » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:26 pm

yeah *evil smile*
*looks at somebody from FJ* :evil:

taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:32 pm

LOL ... :p

Yeah, we may have rules about flaming but not about throwing people out of windows. :lol

Hmmm ... I wonder what that woman would have said if her couch had splatted on someone and killed/injured them?
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:51 pm

I get the feeling it might have been something like "Oops"...
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Toby » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:21 am

LOL isn't 2 couches a little bit to heavy.
Formerly 'The Muffin Man'
Toby
Elite Guard

Postby taenadar » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:40 am

nahh, girl powerrrrrrrrrrrr :p
and yeah, "oops" would be good, or maybe "better luck next time" :)

taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:17 am

Actually, yeah, I wondered how she managed to lift the couches out the window and the only thing I can figure is they must have been fairly lightweight and once she got the end over the windowsill, it was probably easy to tip it the rest of the way out.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:51 am

man i thought that idoit was from brooklyn... but then again it's close enough.
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Return to The Nifelheim Justice League