Bank Robber uses Limo for Getaway

From the world's stupidest criminals to the hottest court cases, you will find something interesting to ponder here.

Bank Robber uses Limo for Getaway

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:42 am

This is too funny .... :lol
SAN FRANCISCO — A high-rolling robbery suspect apparently liked to ride in style.

Last week, Ricky Beale, 31, rented a stretch limo from the My Way Limo company. He told owner and driver Cornelius Weekley that he wanted to stop at his girlfriend's house before going to San Francisco International airport, according to police.

Beale, a personal trainer sporting a white and purple track suit, allegedly nixed the girlfriend plan and instead had Weekley drive him to a Bank of America branch. He was about to make a withdrawal, of sorts.

Beale, using a fake gun, demanded cash from two tellers, according to police, while Weekley sat double-parked in front of the bank.

Beale walked out $5,000 richer and planned to head straight to the America West terminal, according to police. But the getaway was reportedly foiled by a suspicious citizen who spotted Beale getting into the limo and alerted police, who pulled the limo over about 20 minutes later.

Beale was charged with two counts of robbery and sent to San Francisco County jail but will likely face federal charges, according to San Francisco Police Sgt. Neville Gittens.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby taenadar » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:36 pm

:lol
well, if you have to escape in a car, why dont make it a limo then? :p
altho he could use a nice sport car more i guess :p

"If you drink to forget, please pay before you drink"
taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:06 pm

A bank robber with class .... :lol

I wonder what made the witness suspicious of seeing a limo parked in front of the bank? Hmmm ... O.o

But, what could be *more* obvious and noticeable than a big long stretch limo for a getaway car ... hehe.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby taenadar » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:29 pm

yeah, but who would suspect a bank robber in a limo? :p

taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:37 pm

If you want a bank robber with class...it wouldn't necessarily be this sort of class...

I remember hearing about the bank robbers with armor too thick for standard police rounds and with semi-automatic armor-piercing bullets...ouch...they were *walking* away from the bank...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby taenadar » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:45 pm

:lol
but they'd be slow and the police would be able to catch them easily i guess..

taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:26 pm

LOL! That's pretty funny, Giga. I've never heard that one. I wonder where they would acquire armour like that? O.o

Yeah, Taenadar, you're right, I think the police could just throw a net over them or something! :lol
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Gigafrost » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:30 pm

I can tell you where the police acquired the armor-piercing rounds they needed...the local gun shop.

As for how they got it, it's always possible they got the equipment illegally. Perhaps one of them worked within SWAT. Don't they use Kevlar vests or something?

Or perhaps we can think back to the Terminator...they were suggesting that the terminator had a kevlar vest on, so I'd guess that there's some way to get one either illegally or perhaps even legally. Not that I think that the movie is a good way to evaluate the way things really work. At best we should only speculate how it would be possible, not actually make sure, you know?
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:57 pm

Nyufrost wrote:Yeah, Taenadar, you're right, I think the police could just throw a net over them or something! :lol

Well, I dunno about you or the police officers, but I know it'd be difficult for me to walk up to someone and throw a net on them while they were spraying me with bursts of fire from their AK-47's...
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Toby » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:18 am

Gigafrost wrote:If you want a bank robber with class...it wouldn't necessarily be this sort of class...

I remember hearing about the bank robbers with armor too thick for standard police rounds and with semi-automatic armor-piercing bullets...ouch...they were *walking* away from the bank...

I think i seen it happen on tv and their was like 5 police that got shot.
Formerly 'The Muffin Man'
Toby
Elite Guard

Postby taenadar » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:38 am

yeah, but the police just has to block their way, then better units can help them with those kevlar suits or however they are called :p
or they could send a chopper and throw a net to them from the chopper

taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:20 am

Exactly ... plus the SWAT team, or other sharpshooters, could probably nail them in the face with a tranquilizer dart ... unless they were wearing some sort of knight's helmets to go with their armour. :p
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby taenadar » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:21 pm

yeah, or just shoot at their shoes :)

taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:47 pm

or just follow them at a safe distance. Sooner or later they are going to get tired or have to take the stuff off to get away.
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Return to The Nifelheim Justice League