Graveyard Driving Lesson a Grave Mistake

From the world's stupidest criminals to the hottest court cases, you will find something interesting to ponder here.

Graveyard Driving Lesson a Grave Mistake

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:34 am

This is another good example of dumb drunken behavior ...

By Steve Irsay, Court TV

DALLAS, Ore.(Court TV) — Lori Potter apparently made a grave mistake.

Potter, 38, was charged with driving under the influence and providing a vehicle to an unqualified driver — her 13-year-old daughter — who toppled several tombstones during a cemetery driving lesson, according to police.

Potter was arraigned in Dallas Municipal Court and is scheduled for a pretrial hearing on Sept. 12.

Dallas police claim Potter and her daughter visited the cemetery on the evening of Aug. 2 because a family friend wanted to visit a grave site.

Once inside the gates, Potter decided to give her daughter an impromptu driving lesson. The teen apparently lost control of the car and hit about 12 headstones before finally coming to a stop on top of two of them.

Potter, who admitted to driving the car to the cemetery, had a blood-alcohol content of 0.27, police said. The teen driver was treated at a hospital for minor injuries and released.

Three tombstones were allegedly knocked completely over while about a dozen others were partially damaged. Authorities said nobody else was in the cemetery at the time of the incident.

Insurance appraisers are reportedly continuing to estimate the damages to the grave markers. One relative whose great-uncle's tombstone was damaged claims the estimated cost of repairing the marred marker is between $1,000 and $1,500.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby taenadar » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:31 pm

lol, maybe the potter should stick with the magic :p
anyway, who would be so foolish to give a teener driving lessons on a graveyard? :\ i dont think a graveyard is made to drive around and disturb the silence...

"If you drink to forget, please pay before you drink"
taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:10 pm

A 13 year old at that ... most people would not let their 13 year old get behind the wheel at all ... especially at night in some place like a cemetary ... geez ... :roll:
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:42 pm

Well most people don't have a blood alcohol content of 0.27, either... So I figure that prolly worked as a stupidity magnifier and helped trigger the events. But anyways, this is just more reason for me never to get drunk...
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby tsian » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:46 pm

Well, his licence should be suspended.
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby Toby » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:07 am

Lol she will never be a good driver lol.One of my friends mom let one of her kids park the car even tho the kid is 11.
Formerly 'The Muffin Man'
Toby
Elite Guard

Postby taenadar » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:36 am

yeah very nice, but it will go wrong once, and if the little kid can drive now, he/she doesnt have a drive license so when the police comes he/she has a problem :p

taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:25 am

Most parents let their kids "drive" a little while they are young ... like "steer" the car while no traffic is around ... and mom or dad can easily overpower the wheel if necessary.

In this case, mom was drunk and not in control of the situation. :\

I just wonder how fast the kid was driving to knock down 12 tombstones before coming to a stop? O.o
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby taenadar » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:23 pm

well yeah, i can see the problem here:
12year old kid, ok ok! and how do i start?
*well, you push in bla bla bla*
wheeee ok ill try!
*WAIITTTT!*
noooooo ill try *pushes that thing in* errr and mom, how do i stop? :lol

taenadar
Elite Guard

Return to The Nifelheim Justice League