Man Gets Life for Spitting on Cop

From the world's stupidest criminals to the hottest court cases, you will find something interesting to ponder here.

Man Gets Life for Spitting on Cop

Postby Nyufrost » Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:33 am

That might seem like a pretty tough sentence until you read why. O.o

First of all, he had prior felony convictions for rape and burglary and was being arrested for domestic assault in which he broke a woman's arm when he decided to spit on the arresting officer and bite him.

Well, there is a law about biting and spewing bodily fluids on officers due to the risk of transmitting AIDS which is spread by bodily fluids coming in contact with an open wound.

It seems to be a case of the "three strikes" law where the jury just decided the defendant was a three-time loser and of no merit to society.

You can read the story HERE
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby taenadar » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:31 am

:lol: ur kinda stupid if you gonna spit on a cop :p

"If you drink to forget, please pay before you drink"
taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:37 am

True ... it's never a good idea and I knew it would be considered something like 'assaulting an officer' but I never knew until I read this article that it's an AIDS risk ... I never even thought of that. :\
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby taenadar » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:53 am

yea thats new for me too, so if *with football* you see players spitting on the ground, then another player falls in comes with his head on the same place where was spitted before he can get aids? :\

taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:56 am

Apparently ... that's why it is also not legal in American football for players to bite.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:26 pm

i think i've heard of others getting arrested for trivial crimes because of the three strikes law... for example, i think someone got imprisoned for life because they stole a pizza. well, that was the third strike, but anyways...

i think the only concern i have (or atleast can think of, atm) is... if a pizza qualifies as one strike (in these cases, the last strike), then could i steal three pizzas, and get prison for life? or is the last strike different from other strikes?

(and no - i didn't read the article, hehe :))
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:22 am

taenadar wrote::lol: ur kinda stupid if you gonna spit on a cop :p

Yeah, especially because they have a gun. O.o
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby taenadar » Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:13 am

they aint allowed to use a gun when you spit on a cop i hope :p
i mean, spitting on a cop and then just shoot him down, dont think you can call it "self defense" :lol

taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:58 pm

Well, I'd call it self-defense. He's probably some sort of mutant alien that has radioactive saliva. :MIB
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:20 am

I think this is getting a little off topic, guys. ;)

The reason it is against the law is because of the danger of spreading AIDS from bodily fluids to any open flesh wounds.

If you think about it, a cop's job is dangerous for lots of different reasons, many of which we never stop to realize. O.o
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby taenadar » Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:44 am

yeah so whats the point in becoming a cop if you can get aids? :p

taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:55 pm

To help the innocent and to stop bad guys! oh, and you probably get free donuts. Besides, the chances of guys spitting (i'd say around 70:1) In a flesh wound (now that can range, depending if hes aiming, I'd say 800:1) AND him having aids (now its somewhere in the thousands. maybe 5,000:1?) Actually, I think it would be EVEN less likely then that.

but i digress, why take that chance? If it does happen, then the cop is screwed, big-time.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Return to The Nifelheim Justice League