"Beat Up A White Kid Day" Honored In Ohio

From the world's stupidest criminals to the hottest court cases, you will find something interesting to ponder here.

"Beat Up A White Kid Day" Honored In Ohio

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:12 am

This is just unreal .... O_O

And, it makes me pretty annoyed that this item was buried in the "weird news" section and not given more coverage for if there had been a "Beat up a Black Kid Day" we would have seen some major press coverage and we would have seen Jesse Jackson and NAACP leaders calling for the perpetrators to be hanged. :\

A mob of Ohio teens, 6 boys and 12 girls aged 9 through 15, and all black or Hispanic, brutally attacked a 13-year-old white girl to celebrate "Beat Up A White Kid Day," which is a May Day ritual for local teens.

Police were notified that a racial attack may occur on May 1, and they were able to arrive as the hate crime was taking place. Charges were filed against the teens, and if convicted, they could be placed in a juvenile facility for over a year.

Supervisor of the juvenile justice unit for the county prosecutor's office, Carmen Naso, stated that there is evidence that the beating was motivated by race, and that the victim in now under medical care, suffering blackouts due to the assault.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby taenadar » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:57 am

omg thats just so stupid!
how do they get the idea to make a "beat up a white kid day"?
crazy ppl..... yup, craaaazzzyyyyyy ppl....

"If you drink to forget, please pay before you drink"
taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:23 am

Heh ... more crazy is how do they get away with it?

What sort of mentality does it take for 18 people to attack and brutalize one person? I think these guys definitely deserve more than a year in a juvenile hall for what they did.

A hate crime is a hate crime, regardless of which race carries it out on which, and should be treated accodingly.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby taenadar » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:22 am

18 vs 1 isnt really something to be proud of :p
and i agree, they *should* get more than 1 year in a juvenile hall

taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:41 am

I think when you get 18 people then they sort of get into the "mob mentality" and revert to savages, so to speak. Sort of like the entire village rushing to burn down Frankenstein's castle .... :|
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:51 pm

This sorta thing makes me just wanna go to Ohio and get a concealed weapons license and just walk around with a handgun hidden on me...

Murder is legal in a self defense situation, yes? *sigh* It's almost too bad that I can't actually do that...
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby taenadar » Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:59 am

yeah great, lets all wear a gun with us and hope somebody will attack us so we can shoot them down :p

taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:03 am

Of course, if 18 people attack you all at once, chances are good that you won't get a chance to draw your weapon and it will just go off sometime during the fight and possibly shoot YOU.

Now ... if each kid that was part of the attack, as his/her punishment, was ambushed and attacked by 18 angry juvenile officers then they likely might learn something from it and not go around attacking others any more. :p
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby taenadar » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:09 am

well, thats kinda odd. "look, what you did was wrong so we will punish you with the same so we are wrong too" :p

taenadar
Elite Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:16 am

Well, in the bible, it advocates "an eye for an eye" type punishments. :p

However, Singapore uses the humiliation technique ... we could try that. Just have all the kids drop their pants and get caned in public. That might work.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:21 pm

in some cases, eye for an eye might be cruel and unusual punishment, but in others, it just isn't. after all, the son of sam or the zodiac killer can only die once... if you've committed a murder, the worst thing that can happen to you is already going to happen to you, so you have no more reason not to kill other people... of course, i think this is also a problem in our form of justice, as well...

also, i think it should be noted that Ohio isn't the bad guy here. Police in the city it took place in said it was probably a racial hate crime (or atleast that's what "evidence" suggested), and i don't see anything wrong with that... so let's not harbor resentment towards Ohio, but to the people who did the crime :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to The Nifelheim Justice League