Man Convicted of eBay Fraud

From the world's stupidest criminals to the hottest court cases, you will find something interesting to ponder here.

Man Convicted of eBay Fraud

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:57 am

Stuff like this is why I stay away from eBay ....
(Reuters) - A Los Angeles man who perpetrated one of the largest Internet auction frauds on eBay was ordered on Friday to spend three years working by day and spending his nights in prison to pay back those he defrauded. Chris Chong Kim, 28, will spend his nights at a California prison and his days working to repay some of the $600,000 he took from customers who ordered computers from him but never received them, a district attorney's spokeswoman said.

WHOLE STORY
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:57 pm

to quote from another news article about another case of fraud on ebay...

Still, Pursglove said that fraud on eBay happens rarely, occurring in fewer than one-tenth of 1 percent of all transactions.

source: http://news.com.com/2100-1017-250310.html?legacy=cnet

and i can tell you that i've experienced this to be true, as well. i haven't been the victim of fraud, yet, and neither has anyone else i know who uses ebay.

so if 1% is to much for you... how low must the percentage be for you to do it? every time you go in a car, there's a small chance you'll die. now admittedly, it's smaller then 1%, heh... much smaller, so... i guess it would be above that... of course, then again, death is definitly worse then credit fraud, hehe.

but anyways... if you're going to deny yourself things simply because bad things happen to insiginficant percentages of the population... well... you're missing out on quite a lot, imho, as is anyone who stays away from ebay out of fears that they may be the victim of credit fraud.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to The Nifelheim Justice League