Freeway Flasher Sentenced

From the world's stupidest criminals to the hottest court cases, you will find something interesting to ponder here.

Freeway Flasher Sentenced

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:45 am

This guy is just plain crazed! It sort of reminds me of the time a man in the Taco Bell parking lot drove up next to my friend and I --who were standing in the parking lot-- and asked for directions to the "nudie beach" -- he was already nude! O.o

Exhibitionist gets 20 months in prison
Mon Jun 9, 9:39 PM ET

By Steve Irsay, Court TV

EASTON, Pa. (Court TV) — Some people find public displays of affection unnerving. But no less than 27 people were put off by Richard James Clader's public displays of affection for himself.

Clader, 39, was sentenced to 20 months in prison for repeatedly driving on highways and blaring his horn so other drivers could see him masturbate while he was driving.

According to authorities, Clader was first caught in the act Jan. 21. Police garnered media attention in hopes of getting other victims to come forward. And they did.

At least 27 other drivers came forward to report seeing Clader pleasuring himself along busy highways, according to Northhampton County Assistant District Attorney Patricia C. Broscius.

Clader pleaded guilty to indecent exposure, open lewdness and disorderly conduct in April and was sentenced this week. In addition to jail time, Northampton County Judge William F. Moran also sentenced Clader to nine months probation, claiming that exhibitionists have the highest rate of recidivism among sex offender.

During his sentencing, Clader claimed that feelings of neglect by his mother and wife drove him to become a freeway flasher. He is currently undergoing therapy.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Re: Freeway Flasher Sentenced

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:59 pm

Nyufrost wrote:During his sentencing, Clader claimed that feelings of neglect by his mother and wife drove him to become a freeway flasher. He is currently undergoing therapy.

i could almost see neglect from his iwfe made him do this, but neglect from his mom? O_O
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Postby Megafrost » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:41 pm

Whether he did have neglect from his wife or not, what would drive him to flash on the freeway as opposed to just doing it privately at home?
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:46 pm

Well it wouldn't be flashing if no one saw it, now would it? :lila
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:19 pm

well at least he didn't flash a school of kids or something.
Though if i saw that on the highway I would probably hit the brakes. Which would cause an accident in these parts.
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:08 am

Well, he wasn't standing on the roadside whipping open his overcoat at people. He was driving along blowing his horn at other drivers to get them to look over and see him masturbating while driving.

I am not really sure how people could see this unless they were in trucks or SUVs .... I can't see people below their upper arms when I am driving (or a passenger) in a regular car.

But, yeah, why not do it in front of his wife if he wanted some attention?
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Return to The Nifelheim Justice League