Woman Kills Man with her Shoe

From the world's stupidest criminals to the hottest court cases, you will find something interesting to ponder here.

Woman Kills Man with her Shoe

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:40 am

What a way to go .... O.o
Woman Kills Man with Her High-Heeled Shoe
Mon Jun 9, 9:38 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Add "The Shoe Murder" to the chronicles of New York's crimes of passion.

A stormy relationship ended up on a Brooklyn street in the early hours of Saturday when a 220 pound woman sat on her ex-boyfriend's chest and clubbed him to death with her size 12 high heeled shoe, police said.

Anna Rhinehart, 40, told authorities she attacked Roosevelt Bonds, 51, in self-defense after he punched her in the mouth, knocking out her two front teeth.

The passionate struggle to the death began at 3 a.m. Saturday when Bonds saw Rhinehart at a restaurant with another man, police said.

"There was a dispute between them and the man was struck in the head and body with a blunt instrument," police spokeswoman Det. Carolyn Chew said.

Rhinehart was charged with manslaughter and criminal possession of a weapon. "It was her shoe," Det. Chew said.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Gigafrost » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:51 pm

Wow. You know, I don't know who I disliked more...the guy for punching her, or the girl for beating him to death with her shoe.

I mean, jeez...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:35 pm

she has said it was in self defense. A daughter of the man through another woman has said that a court order was put against her to keep her away from him because he said she brandished a gun and a knife to him.

She also attempted to set charges against him after the incident for attacking her but was told that he died at the hospital. The daughter doesn't believe that only a shoe cause so much damage after viewing the attack.
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:48 pm

Well, I would think that with the women weighing 220 pounds and sitting on the man's chest, quite a bit of damage could have been inflicted with just a shoe. I mean, it's not like he's missing half his skull or anything? Or is he? I don't know myself, actually :oops:
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:22 pm

in a few months the details behind the death will come out in court and then I'll send you all the gruesome result of her attack.

that is if your really want it.
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:18 am

Well, her weight may have prevented him from being able to get up if he was a puny, sickly, little man. Otherwise, he should have been able to throw her off since fat does not mean strength or power.

You need to keep in mind that she was using a HIGH HEELED shoe as a weapon not a tennis shoe. I would think you could inflict some brutal damage with it especially if you got them in the face and eyes. I imagine she could kill him easily by drilling him in the temples with the spiked heel, too.

SUP, if you post gory details then please use a spoiler and a warning that the contents may not be suitbable for all readers.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Neerowolf » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:27 pm

what a world where a hippo-lady could beat a skinny, sick guy to death with a high heeled shoe. Shes almost twice my weight. ---

Another thing. How did she get on top of him? is he that slow? i don't think she can run too fast. 'maybe she could sneak up on him.' I could sense her coming from quite a ways.

:trout
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Icegaze » Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:04 am

Dude, that's freaky.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:34 am

Actually, here is an update on that ... the Grand Jury threw the case out because it found the woman acted in self defense and so she won't be tried after all.
New York jury rejects shoe death charges

Reuters News Service

NEW YORK - A jury threw out manslaughter charges against a 220-pound woman alleged to have sat on her ex-lover's chest and clubbed him to death with her size 12 high-heeled shoe, her lawyer said Tuesday.

The bizarre early morning fight in Brooklyn on June 7 made newspaper headlines, but a New York State Supreme Court grand jury decided Monday that Anna Rhinehart, 40, did not cause the death of Roosevelt Bonds, 51. Instead, it found her actions to be self-defense.

"I am happy for my client but it is very unfortunate that Mr. Bonds actually died and I don't think my client is responsible," Rhinehart's lawyer Darren Fields said.

Rhinehart told police she fought Bonds in self-defense after he punched her in the mouth, knocking out her two front teeth. The struggle began when Bonds became angry after seeing Rhinehart at a restaurant with another man, police said.

Fields said his client did not seek any altercation with Bonds "and I think ultimately she got justice."

The lawyer added, "She didn't do anything to contribute to Mr. Bonds' death and the grand jury looked at the evidence and came back with the same decision."
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Gigafrost » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:07 pm

Personally, I think it's stupid that a woman could be let free because of "self-defense"...well, self-defense might involve attacking the other person but there's a point where it's no longer defending and just plain attacking. Seems you can kill a guy if they attacked you first...if you're a women claiming "self-defense" anyways.

Meanwhile, people are charged and convicted of manslaughter for mere accidents.

Also, what's this BS the lawyer was saying about "She didn't do anything to contribute to Mr. Bonds' death"?!?!?!? She clubbed him to death with her shoe! *Kids* are being punished more for *accidently* shooting anybody! Jeez...

Somebody accidently kills with an airsoft gun and is convicted of manslaughter...
http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/campa ... tees.shtml

Father can be convicted of first-degree murder if he accidently shot a family member when a burglar was in the house...
http://courts.state.ar.us/opinions/1996 ... r96-73.txt

A little information on Manslaughter and Involuntary Manslaughter...
http://www.voai.org/manslaughter.htm

Children convicted of manslaughter for any kind of shootings...
http://www.texansforgunsafety.org/artic ... ldshot.htm
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:17 pm

another way to look at this is... if the man assulted the women, and she didn't defend herself, he would be put in jail, for what... 10 years, maybe? i dunno.

anyways, saying that this is ok is like saying that the capital punishment is a just punishment for someone who beats --but doesn't kill-- someone else, just once, which is stupid. at that point, it falls under the catagory of "cruel and unusual punishment", and that's what i think this woman was doing.

further, by killing him, she effectively turns herself into a vigalante - *she* imposes justice - not the people who should.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Icegaze » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:26 am

Ok, I've been hit in the head with a high heeled shoe and it hurts.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Icegaze » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:27 am

A 200 pound woman sitting on the guy would probably hurt enough. He didn't deserve to be beaten to death with a shoe.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:50 am

Well, Icegaze, did she deserve to have him walk up to her table in the restaurant and belt her in the face, knocking out her teeth?

Why is her weight a factor? He attacked her first -- do heavyset people not have a right to self defense?

Terra, beating him to death may or may not have been overkill since we don't know the details of whether he kept swinging at her and she was fending off blows, inflicting a fatal wound near the end of the battle. All we have seen is a slightly sensationalized media account and not any actual court documents. Also, to me, "vigilante" would imply she hunted him down later and killed him with malice aforethought which was not the case.

Giga, while I agree that it is ridiculous that a person can be convicted of murder for shooting a burglar inside their home, I think there is a bit of a difference --legally anyway-- in willfully shooting someone and in beating them to death while involved in a struggle for your own life.

Self defense is legally defined as the reasonable use of force against an agressor that one reasonably believes is necessary to avoid imminent bodily harm.

Therefore, an ordinary woman --regardless of her weight-- is physically weaker than an ordinary man and it is reasonable to believe he would indeed do her further bodily harm if she had not used her shoe to fend him off.

However, it is not reasonable to think a burglar looting your downstairs electronics equipment is going to come upstairs and kill you. It is more reasonable to think you can barricade your door and call 911 to report him then hide until help arrives. Therefore, the law will be less lenient with you if you shoot him from your upstairs balcony than if you struggle with him and smash him over the head with a frying pan.

*ordinary meaning neither are body builders or professional athletes
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Gigafrost » Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:14 am

Half my post didn't even talk about shooting burglars. It talked about people accidently shooting other people. *Kids* get punished more for accidently shooting a friend.

Also...

Self defense is legally defined as the reasonable use of force against an agressor that one reasonably believes is necessary to avoid imminent bodily harm.

My question was did she really just use a "reasonable use of force" or was she taking out her anger too? Oh, but wait, like I mentioned before it's apparently ok to accidently kill a person if they attacked you first, yet when you accidently shoot somebody, get them immediate medical attention, and watch as they die in front of your eyes, then you still get charged with manslaughter.

It just seems to me that somebody was throwing some BS around in that court room, as that lawyer said "She didn't do anything to contribute to Mr. Bonds' death"...so, what, is he saying that Mr Bonds was still alive after the beating and somebody else came and finished him off? Or that it's like she just sprayed him with a can of mace? Or technically if you beat somebody with your shoe enough until they die that it is not killing the person? Sounds more like they managed to play the emotions of the audience...let's show mercy for the poor defenseless woman who accidently killed her boyfriend, while if events had been reversed we'll just convict the boyfriend of manslaughter...

Personally, I think that if you kill somebody by pinning them down and beating them with your shoe that alone sort of implies you took actions beyond self-defense.

Here's another article between the above two posted sort of verifying SUP's statement...assuming the source is accurate, of course...

A 220-pound Brooklyn woman accused of sitting on her ex-lover's chest and clubbing him to death with her high heels said yesterday the slaying was accidental.
Anna Rhinehart, 40, sat on Roosevelt Bonds and pounded him with her size-12 pumps because he "told me he was going to kill me," she said in a statement released by her attorney, Darren Fields.

"Ms. Rhinehart is deeply saddened by the accidental death of [Bonds]," the statement read. "She never intended or wanted the unexpected death of Mr. Bonds."

Rhinehart, charged with manslaughter and freed on her own recognizance, said Bonds, 52, came after her in a "blind rage" when he learned she was dating another man.

He suffered fatal injuries during a furious street fight with Rhinehart - she outweighed him by about 40 pounds - in Brownsville, Brooklyn, early Saturday.

Letracia Barnes, who said she was one of Bonds' 18 to 20 kids by six or seven women, said Rhinehart "knew what she was doing. ... She murdered my dad."

After viewing her father's badly battered body, Barnes said she was sure Rhinehart used a weapon besides her shoes. "No size-12 pumps could have done that to him," she said.

The Brooklyn district attorney's office confirmed that Bonds had been granted an order of protection from Rhinehart in April that had expired Friday. Rhinehart allegedly had threatened him with knives and a gun.

Rhinehart also is charged with weapons possession - so far only her bloodied brogans. She said she did not realize the extent of her former lover's injuries.

She said she was so sure Bonds would be okay that she tried to press charges against him - but cops told her he had died at Brookdale Hospital Center.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/story/9 ... 2822c.html

Now, granted, I'm not saying the jerk boyfriend didn't deserve what was coming to him...but he already received it, and it seems to me that she's just avoiding what was supposed to be coming to her...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Next

Return to The Nifelheim Justice League