Martha Stewart .... A Criminal??

From the world's stupidest criminals to the hottest court cases, you will find something interesting to ponder here.

Martha Stewart .... A Criminal??

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:49 am

Martha Stewart was indicted on charges of fraud, obstruction of justice and making false statements in a stock trading scandal. She has pleaded not guilty but has resigned her position as President and CEO of her own company, Martha Stewart Living.

Maybe Martha should have stuck with home decorating --after all, it made her a billionaire-- instead of dabbling around with insider trading on the stock market! O.o

Martha Stewart Indicted on Criminal Charges

Martha Stewart Pleads Innocent to Charges

Martha Stewart Resigns as Chairman/CEO
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:23 am

reading up on this, the whole thing seems hypocritical and stupid...

kenneth lay of enron can cheat a company out of 600 million and still be unindicted, while martha stewart can cheat a company out of 45,000, and get 10 years jail time for that.

i dunno... it's kinda like putting a billionaire away for stealing a new car... why can't they just have her pay the 45,000 back?

now of course, kenneth lay and his 600 million... he's the one who should be going to prison for 10 years...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:43 am

I think it's kind of ridiculous in a way.

Martha Stewart owns a billion dollar corporation ... why would she risk it all for a few thousand dollars?

Either she's guilty of insider trading and very dumb (tho I don't think she could be and be the business mogul she is) or she innocently traded the stock and is the victim of some sore loser crying foul.

If you or I has 100 shares of stock and decided to sell them all and then the next day the company went bankrupt would we be investigted for insider trading or is she just under fire because she is famous and someone wants to bring her down?
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Return to The Nifelheim Justice League