obsolete thousand year-old shadow ships?

It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon 5 League was a dream given a forum.

Moderator: lorien1

obsolete thousand year-old shadow ships?

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:54 pm

Towards the end of the last great war, the Shadows buried a bunch of their vessels. Some were on Mars and others were yet elsewhere.

My question is... in 1,000 years, wouldn't Shadow technology have improved to the point of making those ships obsolete?

A few possibilities occur to me. One is that maybe the Shadows had discovered all that they could discover and that the Shadow ships were as powerful as they could possibly be. Another possibility that occurs to me is that maybe the rules of the conflict imposed restrictions on the ships that could be used - restrictions that the Shadow ships had met a millennia ago.

Any ideas?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Re: obsolete thousand year-old shadow ships?

Postby Winkchen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:04 pm

The Shadows might be kind of sleeping during that 1000 years.
I think one of the Mimbari (was it Dukhat) said that something was stirring on Zha`ha`dum in and it somehow sounded like they were just waking up (that is soo like Lord of the rings). The planet seemed deserted for ages, they didn`t seem to do a lot there.
But I`m not sure, haven`t seen "In the beginning" for ages.
Winkchen
Townfolk

Re: obsolete thousand year-old shadow ships?

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:45 am

Winkchen wrote:The Shadows might be kind of sleeping during that 1000 years.
I think one of the Mimbari (was it Dukhat) said that something was stirring on Zha`ha`dum in and it somehow sounded like they were just waking up (that is soo like Lord of the rings). The planet seemed deserted for ages, they didn`t seem to do a lot there.

Yeah - that's a good point I hadn't considered :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to The Babylon 5 League