Keepers

It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon 5 League was a dream given a forum.

Moderator: lorien1

Keepers

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:20 pm

Two things I've been wondering about them.

1. Why not place them on everyone you possibly can? Why not place one on Sheridan, one on Delenn, one on everyone else?

2. Does the fact that Londo has a Keeper ever become public knowledge? Sheridan sees it on Londo in War Without End: Part II, but he, at that point, probably doesn't even know what a Keeper is.

Marcus and Franklin later see the remains of Jack's Keeper, but not Sheridan. And, as far as we know, that might be the only Keeper the Alliance ever learns about definitively.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Re: Keepers

Postby Winkchen » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:50 pm

1. Maybe it`s very difficult to control something, I think they need something, that makes sure the person the are controlling isn`t doing anything against them..Or maybe there are just a few drak left and they`re are just something like to people who can control other persons..
2. I think nobody knows it. And does Sheridan see the keeper? I actually can`t recall.

Is the thing that controlled Jack really a keeper? I think it was another species, because there was no trace of a drak..
Winkchen
Townfolk

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:56 pm

Winkchen wrote:1. Maybe it`s very difficult to control something, I think they need something, that makes sure the person the are controlling isn`t doing anything against them..Or maybe there are just a few drak left and they`re are just something like to people who can control other persons..

It's definitely possible. Given how little information has been presented on the subject, I think all anyone can do is guess :)

2. I think nobody knows it. And does Sheridan see the keeper? I actually can`t recall.

I think he did. Londo leaned forward and we, the viewer, clearly saw it. Sheridan was in the same room, although it's possible he didn't see it, all the same. I mean, the camera angle and Sheridan's angle aren't exactly the same.

Is the thing that controlled Jack really a keeper? I think it was another species, because there was no trace of a drak..

Drakh might not need to be in close proximity for a Keeper to gain control of it's target. The Drakh had Londo give Sheridan and Delenn a Keeper for their sons 21st birthday. Presumably the plan wasn't contingent upon the Drakh being nearby.

The Drakh may have had other reasons for staying close to Londo, although now that you mention it, it seems like the Drakh could just have gone away after giving Londo a keeper.

Maybe the Drakh stayed nearby to give the Keeper updated instructions? Maybe with Jack and David Sheridan, they just figured that a general "directive" would be sufficient, whereas Londo would need to be given orders fairly frequently?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Winkchen » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:43 am

I think somewhere was mentioned, that the Drakh had to stay near, but I`m not sure.

TerraFrost wrote:Maybe the Drakh stayed nearby to give the Keeper updated instructions?

That could be, I think the Keeper Londo gives Delenn and Sheridan just had the instruction to bring David to Zentauri Prime, where a Drakh was waiting to give the Keeper new instructions..
Or he didn`t get new instructions and it was just a trap for Sheridan and Delenn.

Maybe Sheridan and Delenn weren`t a danger for the Drakh and this moment and they just didn`t have to give them a Keeper.
Winkchen
Townfolk

Return to The Babylon 5 League