Jason Ironheart vs. a Shadow or a Vorlon

It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon 5 League was a dream given a forum.

Moderator: lorien1

Jason Ironheart vs. a Shadow or a Vorlon

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:37 am

Who'd win?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Re: Jason Ironheart vs. a Shadow or a Vorlon

Postby Winkchen » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:38 pm

I think he is as strong as a Shadow or a Vorlon, but I think a Shadow or a Vorlon has more experience, they are so much older.
Winkchen
Townfolk

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:57 pm

Here's another one for ya. IIRC, in the episode Interludes and Examinations, Kosh produces so much energy that it's "off the scale". This kinda begs the question... could Kosh, unassisted by mechanical devices, destroy a starfury? It seems that Jason Ironheart probably could, given his ability to vaporize stuff.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Winkchen » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:18 pm

I think both could do this.
Do you think, Lyta could do that, too?

But there`s one strange thing, when the shadows killed Kosh, they were 3 and they had some bomb, I think. Should that mean they`re are less powerful then ONE Vorlon?
Winkchen
Townfolk

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:46 pm

Winkchen wrote:I think both could do this.
Do you think, Lyta could do that, too?

Hmmm - that's a good question. I don't think she could create energy out of thin air, as Kosh seemed able to do.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that she's maybe the next best thing to a "higher order being" like the Vorlons / Shadows without actually being a higher order being. Sorta like how the Prior, in Stargate SG-1, aren't Ori, but are just about the next best thing.

Or somethng like that, heh.

But there`s one strange thing, when the shadows killed Kosh, they were 3 and they had some bomb, I think. Should that mean they`re are less powerful then ONE Vorlon?

I don't recall their being a bomb, but I do recall their being three Shadows. I'm not sure we can infer much from that, though. In Walkabout (3x18), Dr. Franklin heard two people beating up one another person. Does that mean that the other person was stronger then either of the people he was fighting, individually? Not necessarily. Could just mean it was an unfair fight.

That said, I get the impression the Shadows and the Vorlons have different anatomies. From the Lurker's guide:

4x04 - Falling Toward Apotheosis wrote:The wings are just how we perceived them, to some extent, though we did see a hint of wings as the last of Kosh emerged from Sheridan. (We also heard the wing flap sound, and the sound of Kosh's voice for the last time right after Lorien's "Now.")

Dr. Kyle saw the angelic form...even in its reduced state, it held itself together enough to maintain that form.

3x15 - Interludes and Examinations wrote:Did one of the Shadows attacking Kosh have wings?
No, none of the shadows there were winged.

Based on those, it seems as though maybe the Vorlons have wings, after a fashion, and that the Shadows don't?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Winkchen » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:50 pm

Maybe it was not a bomb, but they took something, could be poison? But I know they had something with them.

Okay, maybe it was an unfair fight, that would fit. And the Shadows didn`t want the Vorlon to get some help or to tell anybody what happened, I think.

The Vorlons have of course wings, but I think the shadows don`t. I think they look like we have seen them, maybe they don`t were a protecting clothing, like the Vorlons do. I think with a protecting clothing they couldn`t make themshelves invisible.
Winkchen
Townfolk

Return to The Babylon 5 League