Who died first, Londo or Sheridan?

It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon 5 League was a dream given a forum.

Moderator: lorien1

Who died first, Londo or Sheridan?

Postby Winkchen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:57 pm

There is a question, I was asking myself for some time. At the last episode (Sleeping in the light) it was mentioned, that Sheridan died after Londo. But when Sheridan travelled back in time and he met Delenn, Londo thought, he was already dead. And Delenn was old at this time, she had white hair and something like that, but when Sheridan died in Sleeping in the light, she was much younger, I think. Did I get something wrong or is there a mistake in the story?
Winkchen
Townfolk

Re: Who died first, Londo or Sheridan?

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:32 pm

It's been a while since I've seen Sleeping in the Light, but wasn't Vir there because Londo had already died?

Also, I'm not sure I'd say that Sheridan traveled back in time, but rather forward in time. He became unstuck in time in the third season. Londo's death was sometime after the fifth season.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Winkchen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:07 pm

TerraFrost wrote:It's been a while since I've seen Sleeping in the Light, but wasn't Vir there because Londo had already died?

Yes, that`s right, so Sheridan died after Londo.

Oh sorry, that was what I ment, he traveled forward.
And after he sees Londo their, G`kar kills Londo, but everyone thought Sheridan was already dead at this time.
Delenn went to Zentauri Prime because she wanted to save her son, who was a prisoner of Londo. And I don´t think she would go there without Sheridan, so I think it was planned, that he was already dead at this time.
Winkchen
Townfolk

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:35 pm

Winkchen wrote:
TerraFrost wrote:It's been a while since I've seen Sleeping in the Light, but wasn't Vir there because Londo had already died?

Yes, that`s right, so Sheridan died after Londo.

Oh sorry, that was what I ment, he traveled forward.
And after he sees Londo their, G`kar kills Londo, but everyone thought Sheridan was already dead at this time.
Delenn went to Zentauri Prime because she wanted to save her son, who was a prisoner of Londo. And I don´t think she would go there without Sheridan, so I think it was planned, that he was already dead at this time.

Delenn only seemed surprised, though, after Sheridan told her he didn't remember anything. Before that, she thought his being there was perfectly normal, iirc.

Also, there's this (from the Lurker's Guide):

4x04 - Falling Toward Apotheosis wrote:Was Sheridan almost dead in "War Without End, Part Two?"
Yep, at the time of that flash-forward, Sheridan has at most 2-3 years left to live.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Winkchen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:42 pm

Oh did she?
Maybe you were right and there wasen`t a mistake at all and Londo just thought, that Sheridan HAD to be dead.

I have something like the Lurker`s Guide, but it`s in german and it`s maybe not as good as the amerikan one, I don`t know.

But thanks for answering this question ^_^
Winkchen
Townfolk

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:37 pm

Winkchen wrote:I have something like the Lurker`s Guide, but it`s in german and it`s maybe not as good as the amerikan one, I don`t know.

Hmmm - not sure, either. A lot of the Lurker's Guide has direct quotes from JMS that were answers to questions asked of him on the usenet group rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated. If there was a German version, someone would have had to have translated the quotes.

With regard to Londo being dead... I think that that is addressed by this:

3x16 - War Without End, Part One wrote:Sheridan "leapt" into his future self, hence the difference in wardrobe and appearance. Londo wasn't suprised to see him. If you recall the Centauri guard when we first arrive in the Palace, he says, "I think he's awake again, would you like to see?" The implication being that he's been beaten into unconsciousness, hence Londo's line, "Welcome back from the abyss." It was at that moment of unconsciousness that he "slid" into his future self.

I'm assuming the "welcome back from the abyss" comment is the one that is making you think that Londo thought that Sheridan was dead?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Winkchen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:05 pm

I think, the thing that I have has not much quotes of JMS, a german guys wrote it (but he watched b5 in english, luck for him)

TerraFrost wrote:I'm assuming the "welcome back from the abyss" comment is the one that is making you think that Londo thought that Sheridan was dead?

Yes, that was exactly what I ment. In german it was translated with something like "Welcome from the dead" (okay, but b5 is very very bad translated)
Winkchen
Townfolk

Postby Winkchen » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:46 am

Sorry for double posting, but I just saw something, that is wrong here.

Delenn is at Zentauri Prime, because she wants to save her son, who came there, because he got the Keeper. But he was supposed to open the thing, where the Keeper was inside, when he was 21. So Sheridan couldn`t be alive at this time.
Winkchen
Townfolk

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:20 pm

Winkchen wrote:Sorry for double posting, but I just saw something, that is wrong here.

Delenn is at Zentauri Prime, because she wants to save her son, who came there, because he got the Keeper. But he was supposed to open the thing, where the Keeper was inside, when he was 21. So Sheridan couldn`t be alive at this time.

I do remember David's name being mentioned in that scene in War Without End, but I don't recall a Keeper being mentioned... maybe he was in a different kind of trouble?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Winkchen » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:51 pm

No, I know it was the keeper thing, because it was mentioned somewhere, don`t exactly know where, but I`m sure.
Winkchen
Townfolk

Return to The Babylon 5 League