is Cartagia trying to make Londo think he's insane?

It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon 5 League was a dream given a forum.

Moderator: lorien1

is Cartagia trying to make Londo think he's insane?

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:11 am

Guide Page: "Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi?" wrote:
Londo is very careful with his wording around Cartagia.

Which is why Cartagia likes Londo...he stands up to Cartagia, but does so in such a way that Cartagia can't touch him...doesn't give him any excuse or way in. He's got nowhere to go...and in a way, he admires and respects that.

The above quote, from the Lurker's Guide, kinda makes me wonder if maybe Cartagia's seeming insanity is just him trying to screw around with Londo. When he shows Londo the room with all the heads on it, is his talking to them a show designed specifically to irk Londo off or does he actually talk to them? When he says he wants Centauri Prime to burn so that he might become a living god, is he being serious or is he just joking around with Londo, hoping to make him upset, whilst not telling him what his true intentions or motivations were?

With regard to the latter... it's also possible that maybe, in truth, he's utterly devastated by the news that the Vorlons are on their way, and that he, like the doctors in MASH, can only deal with the horrors he's brought upon himself with his own bizarre form of humor.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Re: is Cartagia trying to make Londo think he's insane?

Postby Winkchen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:52 pm

I don`t think Cartagia is pretending to be insane, I think he is completely mad. Pretending to be insane is very dangerous for him in this position and I don`t think he is stupid. He really thinks the shadows will help him to become a god.
Maybe he likes the rumor about him talking with heads, to he shows Londo, that he really does and he hopes, that Londo will tell it somebody, so the whole royal court is in fear.
Winkchen
Townfolk

Return to The Babylon 5 League