The Byron Storyline

It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon 5 League was a dream given a forum.

Moderator: lorien1

The Byron Storyline

Postby lorien1 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:05 am

Hi There.Do you think the Byron storyline should have been left out? And the telepath storyline introduced via another avenue? Colin.<*>.
Image"Hope Is All We Have.Do You Have Something Worth Living For"
lorien1
Recruit

Postby Lord Reefer » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:37 pm

I always thought this was the beginning of the telepath war but it never seemed to happen. I know JMS had a predetermined five year plan but some of season five is a bit bland.
I know there was lots of speculation about the series not being renewed after season 4. In fact they shot the final episode of the saga because they thought it would finish at the end of season 4.
Then season 5 got the go ahead and they kept the final episode back to add on the end of season 5. Its almost as though Jms was resigned to the fact that season 4 would be the end and used up the majority of the ideas that were left. When season 5 happened there were a lot of stories like Byron that felt like fill in stories to me.

I'm also reminded of a post from Jms saying that he had hoped to have Steven's father (General Franklin) in the battle for Earth, but ran out of time. Maybe the Earth civil war was meant to be season 5 and not 4. It seams to me that all the other big events in B5 had a good year to build them up dramatically. The Earth war was almost done in half a douzen episodes.
Lord Reefer
Traveler

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:53 pm

yeah... the later seasons of B5 (prior to S5) did feel kinda rushed. also, i think season 5 should best be seen as an extra series, almost.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby lorien1 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:48 pm

Season 5 was like a "Bonus" season.I think JMS tried to fit in bits and pieces
to try and tie up some storylines.Colin.<*>.
Image"Hope Is All We Have.Do You Have Something Worth Living For"
lorien1
Recruit

Re: The Byron Storyline

Postby Winkchen » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:11 pm

Well, I don`t know, I still don`t know, wether I like Byron or not :lol
It always depends, today I watch Phönix Riesing again and I cried, somehow I like this byron guy..
But I think, the telepath thing is not that important, I could live without it...

Lord Reefer wrote:Its almost as though Jms was resigned to the fact that season 4 would be the end and used up the majority of the ideas that were left. When season 5 happened there were a lot of stories like Byron that felt like fill in stories to me.

Yes, I think the same.
But the second part of season 5 is much better, I think
Winkchen
Townfolk

Return to The Babylon 5 League