Marcus Ivanova

It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon 5 League was a dream given a forum.

Moderator: lorien1

Marcus Ivanova

Postby lorien1 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:15 pm

Hi There.Marcus did not die.Ivanova is still on Babylon 5.How do you think things would have developed between them? Colin.<*>.
Image"Hope Is All We Have.Do You Have Something Worth Living For"
lorien1
Recruit

Postby kstahmer » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:16 pm

I think JMS had plans for a Marcus/Susan romance in the 5th season, but when Claudia Christian left B5 at the end of season 4, those plans evaporated.

Have also seen speculation, if Claudia had remained with B5 in season 5, JMS planned to reunite them in the Day of the Dead episode.
kstahmer
Traveler

Postby kstahmer » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:42 pm

Couldn't resist...

kstahmer
Traveler

Postby lorien1 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:40 pm

Did you 'see' the Lyta/Byron thing back in the beginning? And, given the cast changes over the seasons, would it have been Lyta at this point, or someone else - a 'revived' Talia, say, or Ivanova?

It's no secret that I would've had Ivanova becoming somewhat linked to Byron romantically (she would see him as a character like Marcus, which is why there are certain similarities, and she would take a chance only to find it wrong this time, underlining that she'd missed her one major opportunity thus far for a good relationship). This was expressed to Claudia toward the last part of S4, so she knew at that time that her latent ability would be coming out, and that she'd have a big part in S5.

In this scenario, Lyta would have become a devoted follower of Byron's, much as she has, but it would have been more love from afar: protective, somewhat unrequited but hoping for more...so that when he met his fate, Lyta would end up right where she is now, just by a different road.

Quote:
Dec.1.1999
[First poster asks]
Anyone looking at the S1 bible right now sees stuff that was laid out for the later seasons, and it was pretty much all done... right down to telling writers not to get Lyta into a relationship because she would eventually become starstruck by Byron, and I didn't want anything else to get in the way of that.

[Second poster responds]
I thought Byron was originally intended for Ivanova, up until Claudia decided to leave the show...???

Correct. Note the use of the word *starstruck*, not *involved with*. The theory was that Byron would have gotten involved with Ivanova, who -- feeling she'd messed up by being too closed off to a somewhat similar person decides to take a chance with someone, only to have it blow up in her face -- while Lyta suffered from unrequited love (a constant B5 theme), which would no less fuel her desire to avenge him.
lorien1
Recruit

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:03 am

that would have been interesting... ivanova and bryon...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby lorien1 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:29 am

TerraFrost wrote:that would have been interesting... ivanova and bryon...

Marcus was going to loose out no matter what happend.The Byron Ivanova could have been an interesting storyline.Colin.<*>.
lorien1
Recruit

Re: Marcus Ivanova

Postby Winkchen » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:18 pm

Well I really hope, they would be a couple, the would be soo nice together, I was so sad about markus dieing!
And it`s so unfair, that Claudia Christiansen left, it makes markus dead so useless!

kstahmer wrote:think JMS had plans for a Marcus/Susan romance in the 5th season,

No, I don`t think so, he wanted markus to die.

hmmm..byron and susan?
I don`t think that would be so good, byron is to peaceful for susan :lol
And she really liked markus, but she was afraid to be hurt, I don`t think it would be different with byron...
Winkchen
Townfolk

Return to The Babylon 5 League