widescreen vs. full screen?

It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon 5 League was a dream given a forum.

Moderator: lorien1

which do you prefer? (read the post before voting)

widescreen
33%
fullscreen
33%
i can't decide
33%

Total votes : 6

widescreen vs. full screen?

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:05 am

So... as ya'll probably know, B5 is being released in widescreen format on dvd...
one of the odder things, though, that i've found about it is that while most of the scenes were filmed in widescreen format, the cgi wasn't - it was done in fullscreen NTSC format... so, no matter what format you get, you're going to get cropping...
here's a page which talks about it:
http://home.iae.nl/users/starcat/b5tvm/

attached are some images comparing the sizes (you have to be a registered member to view these)...

the first one shows the advantages of widesreen footage for the parts of B5 that were filmed. the picture is widescreen, but the part that you would see in a full screen presentation is in red. it's in red, and not darker than everything else because the words are redone and in different locations, and it'd get really confussion...

anyways, the second one shows the advantages of fullscreen footage for the parts of B5 that were rendered. the picture is fullscreen, but the part that we'd see in a widescreen presentation is brighter than everything else.

so which one do you prefer?

also,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby lorien1 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:30 pm

Hi There.Widescreen is my favourite.Most videos i buy(i collect videos) are widesceen if available.Colin.<*>.
Image"Hope Is All We Have.Do You Have Something Worth Living For"
lorien1
Recruit

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:26 am

I prefer Widescreen but I am rather disappointed in the picture quality. It's very fuzzy and pixely on a digital television.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:16 am

GO Wide Screen

You're watching it as you are at the movies plus full screen cuts of ALOT of picture widescreen just makes the background farther away!!!
I PERFER WIDESCREEN and if you dont like it like that you can press the zoom button and you have it in full screen!!
MY BEST FRIEND is a movie critic (hes already seen Spider-Man 2) he also LOVES widescreen more and belive me he knows his movies! FOR GOD SAKES HE GETS INTO THEM FOR FREE!!!!!

Re: widescreen vs. full screen?

Postby stormy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:43 pm

Iguess I am old fashion but I perfer full screen!!!! :D
WE LIVE FOR THE ONE,WE DIE FOR THE ONE !!
stormy
Traveler

Return to The Babylon 5 League