OT JMS To Quit

It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon 5 League was a dream given a forum.

Moderator: lorien1

OT JMS To Quit

Postby lorien1 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:18 am

JMS To Quit Jeremiah?

J. Michael Straczynski, executive producer of Showtime's SF series Jeremiah, told fans on a message board that he won't return to the series if it's picked up for a third season. "I have zero desire to return to a third season of Jeremiah," Straczynski posted on the rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated newsgroup on July 24. "Showtime was great, no mistake, but MGM [which produces the show] has overall been the most heinous, difficult and intrusive studio I've ever worked for. I've worked for, and had great relations with, Viacom, Universal, Warner Brothers and a bunch more. But I will never, ever, work for the present administration at MGM."

Asked in a subsequent post whether the show could continue without him, Straczynski replied, "Sure, they could definitely do so. At the end of the day, it's their show, and if there should be a season three, they would have no choice but to bring someone else in. As an aside ... none of this should be taken as a diss of the coming season. I honestly think that the second season is miles better than our first season. It's more consistent, takes more chances, it's really a very strong season. Thing of it is, you look at the quality of the work, and the amount of blood on the floor in getting to that point, and have to decide if the one is worth the other. The process is hard enough without others making it even harder than it has to be. And there we are." The second season of Jeremiah commences on Sept. 19.
Image"Hope Is All We Have.Do You Have Something Worth Living For"
lorien1
Recruit

Return to The Babylon 5 League