Voltayre's Encyclopedia Xenobiologica

It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon 5 League was a dream given a forum.

Moderator: lorien1

Voltayre's Encyclopedia Xenobiologica

Postby TerraFrost » Thu May 08, 2003 5:09 am

Featured in TV Guide, TELE, and Sci Fi Weekly, Voltayre's Encyclopedia Xenobiologica was considered to be one of the best Babylon 5 websites around. Brooks Peck, a reviewer for scifi.com wrote "i's great fun!"

When the VEX, as it came to be known among fans, went offline in late 1998, it left a huge void that in many ways was never filled. Today, that void disappears. Four years after it went off line, the VEX is now back up and better then ever! Here's the URL:

http://www.frostjedi.com/vex/

(and yes... i got permission from Christopher Russo before mirror'ing this site :))
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

A question about the SEntients, Vicars

Postby Mayhem » Fri May 09, 2003 9:06 am

Hey there!! glad the VEX is back on line. Me and My Bab5 RPG crew really missed it. It's looking great.

Question for you though. Under the Sentients section you have a listing for Vicars:in that section you mention that the Vicar home planet was destroyed by a Shadow death cloud? Where did this info appear, since I don't recall there being any mention of it during the series or in any of the books ( I coulda missed it).

Any road, great that you guys are back,

/Mayhem <aka Sean>
Mayhem

Postby TerraFrost » Fri May 09, 2003 1:14 pm

i'm actually not sure :(

there were atleast two versions of the VEX - the first one had references for everything, but... the second one doesn't - it apparently didn't work with Allaire Cold Fusion (i think that's the right software package)...

although i do hope that maybe it can be restored in some future update :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Re: Voltayre's Encyclopedia Xenobiologica

Postby Guest » Sat May 24, 2003 2:03 pm

TerraFrost wrote:
When the VEX, as it came to be known among fans, went offline in late 1998, it left a huge void that in many ways was never filled.

Was VEX updated up 'till the point when it went offline in 1998?

Re: Voltayre's Encyclopedia Xenobiologica

Postby KoshN » Sat May 24, 2003 3:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:
TerraFrost wrote:
When the VEX, as it came to be known among fans, went offline in late 1998, it left a huge void that in many ways was never filled.

Was VEX updated up 'till the point when it went offline in 1998?

That was my question above. Evidently I wasn't logged in. :oops:
KoshN
Traveler

Postby TerraFrost » Sat May 24, 2003 3:34 pm

archive.org has a number of significantly incomplete copies of the VEX, and... the last one they have (while it was still up) is from Dec. 06, 1998. If you open that one, and look at the news part, you'll see that the last updated date was on June 1998, so... i'm thinking that the copy I have is probably the latest :)

or else archive.org's copy may be incorrectly dated, hehe :)

here's the link to archive.org's quite incomplete copy:

http://web.archive.org/web/199812051735 ... e_vex.html
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Sat May 31, 2003 4:16 pm

yo terra are you going to add to it?

some of the characters need to be in there and added to.
Can you open it so people can add to it. Perhaps make it so we can add our suggesting additions here and then after some voting or rebuilding add it into the VEX ?
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:51 pm

it's my hope that it the entries themselves can one day be updated...

i posted an ad, of sorts, on the message boards for b5tech.com, asking for for help updating it, but nothing seems to have come from that :(

something else that needs to be done (and that would probably make updating the entries easier) would be to recreate the section "IRL: Notes on the Entries" - a sort of bibliography referencing where everything came from.

once that's done, i'll be much more comfortable adding stuff to the entries themselves :)

however, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as well :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to The Babylon 5 League