For future reference!

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

For future reference!

Postby Roadkill » Mon May 12, 2008 4:20 pm

Never be quick to get romantic with a woman -- and I mean romantic like romantic, not romantic like... doggy style. But don't be quick to do that either.

Headaches, headaches, headaches.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Re: For future reference!

Postby Dracofrost » Mon May 12, 2008 4:25 pm

*Sigh* All too true. :|
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Rapscallion » Thu May 15, 2008 5:35 pm

I've never really known how to work up to a committed relationship, due to the fact that all my relationships have had pretty childish starts. What usually happens is that on the first date, there will be a pause in the conversation, somebody will half-jokingly flirt in some way or another, we'll stare at each other, then I rub her back or put my arm around her or move her hair out of her eyes or I'll just kiss her. It was always right on the first date(if you want to call it that) and everything; never after a drawn out time or anything.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Roadkill » Sat May 17, 2008 11:13 pm

all situational. Diff girls act differently, and look for different things. If you just be cool around them (not trying to *act* cool, but cool as in chill), alot of times they tend to give you hints. Unfortunately, once they do, it's pretty damned easy.

i fooled around with a woman and she didn't seem emotionally committed despite my advances, so as soon as I start developing something with another girl, she tells me that she can't stop thinking about how sweet I am compared to this other man who makes much more logical sense to date considering he and she will live in France together for a year, whereas I will be staying here. Meanwhile, I really sincerely like both girls, and I have to pull a balancing act entertaining both of them, or make some ridiculously difficult decision on a relationship which won't likely work out in the long run anyway. Yet both are awesome.

Or should I go with this third girl who is readily available in the short term but don't care as much about?

I am very very frustrated about this.
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Roadkill » Sat May 17, 2008 11:25 pm

and Rap, most relationships start out that way. Nothing wrong with it -- its cute. What is vital is if you just try to play it off, or if you actually think there is something there. Never get too attached quickly, but leave it as an open possibility. Just smile and don't worry, and things more often than not turn out in your favor.

I usually have started a dialog with the girls before hand (usually via aim), though. Never been on a blind date in my life. I doubt it really makes a difference in the end.
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Sun May 18, 2008 4:17 pm

I suppose. That's usually what has been happening at school for me. The problem is that the one girl I really want to start a relationship with has been dating some guy since 2005. Also, she lives in Boulder, CO, so even if we were to start dating in the school year, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want to hold out for me over the summer. But whatever. :yuk Anyway, as for your back-breaking decision, I'm clearly the novice in this department, so I'm in no position to give advice. :bricks Good luck with it, though. And thanks for the reassurance. :)
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Roadkill » Mon May 19, 2008 9:03 pm

And you think anyone she meets over summer stands a chance, either? She spends more time in AZ than in CO, now...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Mon May 19, 2008 9:44 pm

Heh, that might be true. However, she's still going to be dating her boyfriend who's a maintenance guy in the USAF at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas. Also, his family lives a few miles away from my neighborhood, so some of the reasons she chose to go to ASU was to have access to him. Anyway, like I said, it's no big deal and I'm certainly not torn up over it.
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Roadkill » Tue May 20, 2008 8:21 pm

We'll... I'm sure there's plenty of cute girls in your classes ;) I forgot how blessed I was to be an INTA major here... plenty of pretty girls in my Tuesday/Thursday class!
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue May 20, 2008 11:04 pm

INTA = international affairs?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Roadkill » Wed May 21, 2008 10:55 pm

Yes