Super Bowl Thread: Who is going to miss this one?

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Super Bowl Thread: Who is going to miss this one?

Postby heathro77 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:13 pm

This is one Giant Rivalry !

http://surftofind.com/superbowl
heathro77
Traveler

Re: Super Bowl Thread: Who is going to miss this one?

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:15 am

I used to watch the superbowl to see the commercials / half-time show so I could talk about it with people the next day. I've since concluded, however, that that's not sufficient motivation for me. If I need the superbowl to make conversation with people, what am I going to do for the 364 other days it doesn't air? Either I'm already sufficiently conversant with a given person such that I don't need the superbowl or I'm not and in the long run, the superbowl isn't going to change that.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Catgirl » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:57 am

lol Terra... so true

I'm probably not going to watch the game, i don't watch football any other time... although sometimes the superbowl parties can be fun just to hang out
"Don't fret precious, I'm here. Step away from the window, go back to sleep. Safe from pain and truth and choice and other poison devils. See, they don't give a **** about you like I do"
~"Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums" by A Perfect Circle
Catgirl
Townfolk

Location: in a cold concrete jungle of soul-crushing proportions

Postby Rapscallion » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:43 pm

I'm probably going to sneak into the Cardinal Stadium and get arrested in the process. :lila It's only about a 10 minute drive from my house.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:29 am

I would probably miss it completely if it weren't for threads like this and random comments from certain people about it.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Catgirl » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:02 am

Rapscallion wrote:I'm probably going to sneak into the Cardinal Stadium and get arrested in the process. :lila It's only about a 10 minute drive from my house.

oooooh! let us know how it goes! and post your mug shot as well hehe :nuts
"Don't fret precious, I'm here. Step away from the window, go back to sleep. Safe from pain and truth and choice and other poison devils. See, they don't give a **** about you like I do"
~"Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums" by A Perfect Circle
Catgirl
Townfolk

Location: in a cold concrete jungle of soul-crushing proportions

Postby Rapscallion » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:45 am

Well, I didn't try to sneak into the Cardinal Stadium, or go to any of the big-name parties in Scottsdale, Tempe, or Glendale last night, but I did see the last half of the game. I must say that the Giants pulled off a VERY impressive last minute win. The 45 yard catch that Boss caught was a nice sight to see. :banana
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Return to Tower of Babble