Announcement

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Update

Postby Dracofrost » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:41 am

Update:

On Friday I went in for the first part of processing and took the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery), which is essentially a military version of the SAT that determines what jobs are available to you. It's scored on a percentile system, and for my overall score I got a 97. This means that out of a test that took me 1 and a half hours, I only got one question wrong. Don't know which one, but oh well... w00t! :woot .

So on Monday I go back to the Military Entrance Processing Station to continue the process, go through my physical and by Tuesday I will most likely be officially sworn in and enlisted. From there, we'll see how long it takes for me to get placed for a job and sent off to basic... probably sometime in May, though my high score may move me forward and send me off sooner.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Re: Announcement

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:55 am

Congrats! I'd recommend going into the SGC. It's a top secret military installation at Cheyene Mountain. They travel to other planets through a device known as a Stargate. Their premiere team is SG-1, headed up by Col. Jack O'Neill (that's two L's). SG-1 contains an alien named Teal'C. A Jaffa who carries within him a Goa'uld symbiote which, if allowed to mature, would take someone over and would then probably try to destroy the planet.

Anyway, keep us updated if possible!
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:56 pm

Hahaha, very funny Terra. Anyways, I am now officially enlisted in the Air Force. W00t. And I get to start out as an E-3, or Airman First Class. Always nice to skip up a few paygrades...
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:30 pm

Why'd you skip paygrades? ROTC experience? College experience? High ASVAB scores?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Roadkill » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:02 am

Yayness! COngrats!
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:25 am

I believe it was a combination of college credit hours and my exceptionally high ASVAB score. Though in retrospect I should have probably pretended to be less eager... apparently more reluctant people with high ASVAB scores are often given rather hefty enlistment bonuses... wish I'd known that beforehand. Oh well.

Still a sweet deal ^_^ Gonna start out making around 20,000 a year, with medical, housing, and education thrown in for free. Plus tax free shopping, free use of facilities on base, various tax breaks... so I'm going to get to keep most of my money, too. W00t! :woot
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Previous

Return to Tower of Babble