no more hotels in bathtubs

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

no more hotels in bathtubs

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:26 pm

http://www.portfolio.com/business-trave ... -Bathtubs/

From the article:

Then there’s the “ick” factor: Hotel designers say travelers, especially women, are concerned about the cleanliness of hotel tubs.

That's hard to believe. Hotel bathtubs probably get cleaned after every guest. That's some pretty frequent cleaning. Probably 2-3 times a week. Know how frequently my bathtub gets cleaned? Never (it also never gets used). How frequently do you clean your bathtub? At best, I'm going to guess once a week. Certainly not 2-3 times a week.

So how can anyone claim that hotel bathtubs are less clean? Because they're used by lots of different people? I don't really see the relevance of that since they *are* cleaned.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Re: no more hotels in bathtubs

Postby Rapscallion » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:11 pm

Some I've been to weren't very clean, and others were so clean that I just wanted to stay in them forever.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Drazo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:25 pm

If they're that concerned then why don't they take a shower?

TerraFrost wrote:Know how frequently my bathtub gets cleaned? Never (it also never gets used).

:p
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:51 pm

Well they might also be concerned about picking up foot fungus from the shower floor if it's not clean..... :rotf
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:12 am

Drazo wrote:If they're that concerned then why don't they take a shower?

I think that's what they do. I think they'd prefer to take baths (and probably due so in their own residence) except that they don't because they feel, in the case of hotels, that it's somehow unsanitary.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:58 am

Some hotels are the most sanitary places I've ever experienced on the planet. I love that feeling...... long car ride, you unload into the room, carefully bestow your luggage onto that luggage rack in the closet.....take off your shoes and socks......put your feet on that carpet......stretch across those beds like a cat...... rub your feet and skin against it.....watch HBO......swim in the pool....take a hot bath......sleep in that gorgeous bed...... :love

Anyway, I'm sure it depends on the hotel.
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby chaotic century » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:59 pm

I love hotel beds! so comfy. last year for my dad's birthday, our schedules wouldn't allow us a little vacation so we just went out and rented 2 hotel rooms at the weston and went to dinner. it was cool.me, my brothers, and my friend Rich were in the elevator and there was a cute girl in there too, so my friend Rich is thinking ok gotta look cool lol he chokes on his coffee and starts coughing all over the place..she got out on the next floor lol it was hilarious
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:00 pm

nice.
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Return to Tower of Babble