Life Sucks

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Re: Life Sucks

Postby Dev » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:19 pm

roadkill is a heroic guard you should listen to him
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Rapscallion » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:41 pm

I should or you should, or Draco should? :lol Anyway, I wasn't making a broad generalization about women (I don't think Dev was, either). I was just making some snide stuff about my past high school relationships, and I certainly don't "aim with my dick" if I look for a relationship. I'm not looking for a relationship, I haven't been for about a year, and I probably won't be for a while longer. It's just not what I want. Three years ago, I was constantly trying to get a date or kiss or something, but not so much now.

So, I shall thereby stop talking in relationship threads since I'm not helpful in these kinds of matters. :hi
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Dev » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:21 am

^ agreed

im just looking for a girl that i can just be cool with. like be a close friend. not girlfriend.
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Roadkill » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:56 am

dev and rap, sittin in a tree...

a girl you 'can be cool with' is called a girlfriend, still.

a person you can be cool with is called a friend.

You're still lookin for a girl. Get over it, we all is.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:25 pm

But I'm... not looking ..... for one. :MIB
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Dev » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:00 pm

lolol
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:07 am

Roadkill wrote:a girl you 'can be cool with' is called a girlfriend, still.

a person you can be cool with is called a friend.

The other day, I was on the bus, and there was some girl talking to another girl about how she had gone on her first date with a friend of hers that she had known and liked for a couple of years. For the date, they went to a comedy club, among other things. That makes me seriously wonder.. what made that a date? Why didn't they go to the comedy club before they were dating? ie. just as friends? Whomever said that you need to officially be dating one another to spend time together? Especially if you already enjoy one another's company?

Of course, then again, if you're actively looking for someone of a certain gender to spend time with... well, I think, then, using the term 'girlfriend' might be reasonable.

With regard to girls being emo on myspace or whatever... I'm not sure I'd pay that much heed. People act differently to different people. Drill sergent's aren't always assholes, professors aren't always poster boys of academia, and girls certainly aren't always emo. What matters, imho, isn't the face they put on publically - what matters is the face they put on with you.

Of course, that's not 100% black and white. If, when they're not with you, they tell people you're physically assaulting them... well, that's a problem, heh.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:18 pm

TerraFrost wrote:[/color]
Of course, that's not 100% black and white. If, when they're not with you, they tell people you're physically assaulting them... well, that's a problem, heh.

...only if you aren't physically assaulting them... otherwise it is. More people need to be honest about shit like that, not less. Fucking social stigmas...
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:54 pm

Dracofrost wrote:
TerraFrost wrote:[/color]

...only if you aren't physically assaulting them... otherwise it is. More people need to be honest about shit like that, not less. Fucking social stigmas...

I sorta assumed the "aren't physically assaulting them" bit was implicit. If reporting on physical abuse is a social stigma, it's not one I'm aware of. Although then again, I suppose it wouldn't surprise me - people can have rather screwed up attitudes, imho. Like divorce, actually. Some people seem to think you're committing a horrible abhorrent act when you get a divorce. I think those people are bible-thumping idiots who'd just as well the United States adopt Baptism (or whatever) as the official state religion. Maybe they have good arguments to back their position up, but if they do, I've not heard them (actually, for the record, I've never heard any arguments defending that position, good or bad).
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Evlfrost » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Dracofrost wrote:...so much for happy endings... we're apart again, and it doesn't look like we'll be getting back together, at least not anytime soon... happened right before christmas, too... been taking me a while to come to terms with it.

Maybe I'll take you up on that getting drunk offer, Evl, next time I'm in Texas.

:(

Just try not to come during finals.
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Previous

Return to Tower of Babble