Just want to say hello

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Re: Just want to say hello

Postby Winkchen » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:48 am

Yes, danken is a verb, but Danke is not..
You say "der Dank" so it`s a noun..

I wanted to show you some things I painted, this is a picture of my guinea pigs..
Didn`t find more of the painted things..
Winkchen
Townfolk

Postby Catgirl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:02 pm

oooooh interesting.... i will have to ask my german teacher about that!

hehe, i like it! I used to have guinea pigs, so i think that's fairly well done.... your style reminds me a bit of the impressionist era :banana
"Don't fret precious, I'm here. Step away from the window, go back to sleep. Safe from pain and truth and choice and other poison devils. See, they don't give a **** about you like I do"
~"Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums" by A Perfect Circle
Catgirl
Townfolk

Location: in a cold concrete jungle of soul-crushing proportions

Postby Winkchen » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:27 pm

I love my guinea pigs, so I wanted to paint them :D
Today I had a creative day, wrote three songs, but have already forgotten parts of the melodie..
Winkchen
Townfolk

Postby Catgirl » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:12 pm

aww... well they look very cute :)
what are their names?

lol I'm sorry you forgot part of your songs, maybe you can rewrite them ^_^
"Don't fret precious, I'm here. Step away from the window, go back to sleep. Safe from pain and truth and choice and other poison devils. See, they don't give a **** about you like I do"
~"Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums" by A Perfect Circle
Catgirl
Townfolk

Postby Winkchen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:40 pm

The black one is Veni and the red-brown one is Wally.

Well, I have the text, but forgot the melody and I can`t write it down..-.-

What time is it, where you live? Here it`s 5:40 pm now..
My day till now was quiet bad, but now it`s getting a bit better, I think..
Winkchen
Townfolk

Postby Catgirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:15 pm

hmmm... do you not have bar paper for writing music on? i think maybe that would help

right now as I'm posting... Es ist zehn Uhr und zehn Minuten (hope i said that correct!)
I think there is about a 6hr time difference

aww, I'm sorry... why was your day bad? :(
Catgirl
Townfolk

Postby Winkchen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:21 pm

I don`t know, if I have bar paper, but it wouldn`t help, because I can`t write the melodys down, not good enough in writing notes..

Yes, you can say that, but it`s not so common, I would say "Es ist 10 Minuten nach 10 Uhr"

A very good friend of mine was sad already some days and I am worried about him and I tried to cheer him up and the rest of my day wasn`t good either, but I think my bad mood was because of him..
But today I feel already better, did lots of sport, that helped me to relax..
Winkchen
Townfolk

Postby Catgirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:26 pm

ah okay... writing notes is hard to learn

hmm, I think my german teacher says things differently then, because the way you wrote it is like what is in my book but she said i should change it. are you from north or south germany?

it's good that your try to cheer you friend up, but it can be hard to do sometimes
I'm glad you're feeling better today though!
Catgirl
Townfolk

Postby Winkchen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:24 pm

Maybe the way I say it is more colloqial..
I don`t know, but where I live we say it like that.
I`m from north germany, but I lived in the south, too..
Have been moved some times, we lived in the US 2 years, but I was a very small child than..

But I think I could cheer him up a bit at last, so it was worth it
Winkchen
Townfolk

Postby Catgirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:37 pm

it could be just where you're at that they say it that way... people have all kinds of local dialect, it's probably interesting to be a linguist!

My german teacher is from Brennen (sp?) but I don't remember where she said that is at.
sounds like you have moved around a lot though!
Catgirl
Townfolk

Postby Winkchen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:57 pm

I think you say it in different parts, too.
I have some friends in other parts of the country and all of them say, that it`s gramatical right and you can say that, but "10 minuten nach 10" sounds better.

I think the town you mean is Bremen.
I think it`s in the middle opf germany (I`m not very good at geographie)
I live in the very north, but I was born in München (that`s in the south) and lived 7 years near Ulm (that`s in the south, too)
Winkchen
Townfolk

Postby Catgirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:14 pm

ah okay... because basically what you're saying is like "10 minutes past 10", right? that seems easier to say too :lol

that's probably it... i just remember she said it and it reminded me of a folk/fairy tale i read about a singing dog, cat, and donkey
hehe... lots of people are bad at geography. i pretty much can't find my out of a paper bag without a really good map
you are probably not be that bad though :P

what would you say is the biggest difference between the north and the south?
Catgirl
Townfolk

Postby Winkchen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Yes, it`s like that ^_^

Oh yes, than it`s Bremen and the fairytale is called "Die Bremer Stadtmusikanten"

I can`t read maps :lol

hmm...I would say the way the people speak, there are many dialekts and the people in the north speak "Hochdeutsch" (that`s the german you learn) and some dialekts are really difficult to understand :lol
And it`s much warmer in the south, the summers are warm and the winters are cold.
Where I live are the summers not very warm and the winters not very cold, but I think that`s because I live near the sea. Don`t know if you have ever heard of Kiel, I live in a town near Kiel ^_^
Winkchen
Townfolk

Postby Catgirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:31 pm

okay, yes... i think i know the folk tale by the name "The Bremen Town Musicians"
It's funny, the things that you remember from being a little kid XD

lol you either? maps are confusing!

We spell "dialects" with a C... although C is really a very silly letter because it doesn't have it's own sound, just steals from K and S :lol
I think it's very interesting though, all the dialects. Especially local slang, how it changes so much from one place to another
I don't think I've ever heard of Kiel... but your weather sounds really amazing lol
Catgirl
Townfolk

Postby Winkchen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:35 pm

Yes, maps are terrible, I know where some towns in amerika are, but I don`t know very much about germany :lol
And my geographie teacher shows us films all the time :lol (nice but you don`t learn very much :lol )

Oh thanks, I didn`t know, if there was the word dialects in english, too, so I wrote it the german way :lol
But there are very less words in english with k, most of them have a c, right?

The dialects often sounds very funny :lol

Yeees, so greaaaat weather and I love the rain all the time :lol
Winkchen
Townfolk

PreviousNext

Return to Tower of Babble