ow...

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

ow...

Postby Rapscallion » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:30 pm

A friend told me he was going to a self defense class (he didn't know what it was) and asked if I wanted to go with. I was thinking it would be either Tai Chi or Judo. We got there and I looked at the schedule and the only thing that met Thursdays at 5:00 was the Pankration class. I asked him if it was this one, he said yes, and I laughed. He asked "what?" I said "you'll see." It was pretty fun until I wrestled this one big guy. If his strength didn't do, his frickin whale-ass breath did.
Anyway, I'm sticking with Muay Thai. I'd rather bruise people up with my hands, feet, and joints, then wrestle someone. It was fun, but I hate wrestling, and I think someone gave me athlete's foot...... :boo I'll check wikipedia in a second.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:48 pm

Well, to be a more complete fighter you really do need to know how to grapple, go to ground, or at least deal with those that do. There's a reason that Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu dominated most UFC and K-1 type fights.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Rapscallion » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:54 pm

that may be, but I still hate it. :biggrin
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Return to Tower of Babble