DORM...

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

DORM...

Postby Rapscallion » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:37 pm

well, I successfully moved into my dorm on Wednesday. It's very spacious and inviting. It came with two elevated beds with a desk and chair under each. Me and two others are hooked up to one bathroom, so this may become a problem on Monday when classes start.
My suitemates are pretty cool. One's from Colorado Springs, and one's from Scottsdale, Arizona (home of the TASER). My roommate stil hasn't shown up yet; I think he's driving from Azusa, California.
I'm meeting alot of people (freshmen AND upperclassmen). Last night was the time of year where all of the clubs, organizations, frats, sororities, and sports teams all set up tables and urge you to join. I'm seriously thinking about joining the Rugby club. I was talking to the guys at the table and they were all built like tanks O_O , I'll probably get pummeled in the first week.
I also talked with the only Catholic church in Tempe, and they offer adult confirmation classes, so I can probably do that during the school year. I'm really going to have to decide which club and which gym I'm gonna sign up for. I have about $1500 in my bank account, the Muay Thai gym takes $100 a month to take two sessions every day of the week, the Rugby team has a $300 due charge for the semester, and I haven't even begun to check out the costs of everything else.
I've met some other people on my floor. They all seem nice enough. It's a co-ed dorm, so there are girls sharing the same hall. Since this is a college campus, there's about three girls to every one guy (just a rough estimate from what I've seen so far).
That's all for now. I have to go get ready for the Dean's speech to the freshmen. :wave:
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:22 am

When I was in the dorms, I didn't have suitemates - just one roommate. It was a private bath, which was nice (certainly better then the communal baths some of the other dorms have).

Didn't join any clubs, myself. Went to an Association for Computing Machinery meeting once, thought it was silly (half the people there had "all your taco are belong to us" t-shirts), and never paid them much heed, again.

As for the ratio of girls to guys... no idea what it was like at my college. My guess would be that it was fairly close to 50/50, though. My major (CS), of course, had a percentage that was biased towards guys..

Never-the-less, the dorms were an interesting experience. Hope you enjoy them :)

How big is your university, out of curiosity?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:27 pm

BIG!!!!! Huge!!!! I can't give you the particulars, but I can tell you that there are thousands of people.... in my residence hall. ;)
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:36 pm

That sounds awesome, man! I just moved back into my dorm, much smaller in overall scale it sounds, but then again, I go to a small college. Still, sounds r0xx0rz, have fun.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Rapscallion » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:52 pm

Thanks!!
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Return to Tower of Babble