4th of July?

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

4th of July?

Postby Wolfie » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:02 pm

Happy fireworks-CottonCandy-HotDogs-ShinyTrinkets day.

For those of you who are in the US, what'll you be doin'?

If anything.

...I think we're going to go watch fireworks in Centennial Park.

: Goes to find money for weird shiny stuff. :
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Murphy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:16 pm

well I'm not in US so none of that for me ^^

buuut, I went and saw Transformers *tihi* like the little fanboy I am :biggrin
and let me tell you, it was awesome! a couple of let down's but none too serious, anyone here say the G1 series when you where young?

anyway's! Happy 4'th of juli you guys! :party
Sir. Foolishness!
visit our webcomic! http://www.twisted-irony.com (oh yeah it's currently, dead, deeead)
Murphy
Elite Guard

Postby Amiga » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:47 pm

You know.. I'm English, and I live in England.

But last 4th of July I was in America at the time with my girlfriend (shes American, so she wanted to celebrate it with her family rather than in england)

You would not believe the amount of people who asked me if I celebrated Independance Day.

I'm all for you guys celebrating the day, it was a big thing for you guys, but you got independence from the British >.> Why would I celebrate it?

Anyway, happy independence day. >_>
Amiga
Recruit

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:58 pm

Amiga wrote:I'm all for you guys celebrating the day, it was a big thing for you guys, but you got independence from the British >.> Why would I celebrate it?

Heh. That's a good point. It'd be almost like the North celebrating the day the South ceded from the Union, during the Civil War. Of course, I don't think there's as much animosity between England and the US as there was between the North and the South (we're not trying to conquer each other, as far as I know!)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Drazo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:45 pm

TerraFrost wrote:Heh. That's a good point. It'd be almost like the North celebrating the day the South ceded from the Union, during the Civil War. Of course, I don't think there's as much animosity between England and the US as there was between the North and the South (we're not trying to conquer each other, as far as I know!)

If you go further back in time, there was animosity between England and Scotland. Since ones up north, whilst the other's south.....sound familiar? :p

Amiga wrote:You know.. I'm English, and I live in England.

But last 4th of July I was in America at the time with my girlfriend (shes American, so she wanted to celebrate it with her family rather than in england)

You would not believe the amount of people who asked me if I celebrated Independance Day.

I'm all for you guys celebrating the day, it was a big thing for you guys, but you got independence from the British >.> Why would I celebrate it?

Anyway, happy independence day. >_>

Nevermind Amiga....let them celebrate.

Their days are numbered anyway.... Image
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Wolfie » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:56 pm

hehe.

I've never actually celebrated the day for what it actually stands for to tell the truth.

I more just like it for the things that go boom, the things that are shiny... and well, of course... The cotton candy.

Also---

Yes, Murphy. Transformers=TheAwesomeness.

ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Megafrost » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:46 am

Today, I'm staying at home watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with my girlfriend.

Tomorrow, we're going to watch Transformers.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dracofrost » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:36 am

I celebrated by taking ChatOmbre out to see Transformers, and then going and blowing stuff up with college buddies. Yay for explosives and rockets ^_^
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Wolfie » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:35 pm

Bahahaha. I wrote my name on the ground with scorch marks left over from explosives. ...hrm. Not sure if the apartment complex will be very happy about that...

>>;;

Oh well.
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:20 pm

Pokemon, ~desu.
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Amiga » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:38 pm

TerraFrost wrote:
Amiga wrote:I'm all for you guys celebrating the day, it was a big thing for you guys, but you got independence from the British >.> Why would I celebrate it?

Heh. That's a good point. It'd be almost like the North celebrating the day the South ceded from the Union, during the Civil War. Of course, I don't think there's as much animosity between England and the US as there was between the North and the South (we're not trying to conquer each other, as far as I know!)

As far as you know!

>_>

<_<
Amiga
Recruit

Return to Tower of Babble