gah... yeah

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

gah... yeah

Postby chaotic century » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:31 am

so I went to the doctors today to get my physical for soccer this year. And I'm pretty healthy except the doctor thinks I have a slight heart murmur... and so I have to go to a cardiologist to get some tests done... and without insurance right now it will be around $3000 just for the tests... not to mention how much it will be if there's actually something wrong... and the worst part is, if I don't get this checked out I won't be able to play soccer...gah! I don't need my heart anyway.... I think it's just because I stopped drinking caffeine, I got a cold over the weekend and I think it's because of lack of caffeine too. I guess I shouldn't have stopped drinking it....
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:29 am

That sucks :(

Ironically, I think the people who need insurance the most are the people who have the least amount of money - the people whose jobs are sufficiently bad such that they don't offer it.

Of course, even if you, yourself, are under 23, and do have insurance, you won't have it once you turn 23...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby chaotic century » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:53 pm

well I got my EKG yesterday and the nurse said it's nothing to worry about, but the cardiologist has the final word. Luckily my parents talked to a friend who works in a hospital and she told us to go to the place (I forgot the name of the palce lol) and it only cost $150 for everything which is so much better than $3000. When I was getting the test, the nurse had me take my shirt off and lay on the bed on my left side, with my right arm across my body and my left arm underneath my head in some kinda weird model like pose lol. I was thinking is this really necessary? lol Before I got the test done I talked with alot of my friends who said that they also have heart murmurs and that it was nothing serious. And just last night I talked to my future sister in law whose parents are both doctors, and she told me that most heart murmurs are nothing to worry about. All of that stress and worrying for nothing... stupid over cautious doctor lol.

neero is my master

chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Wolfie » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:38 pm

Poor, CC. Atleast you're not a girl and the nurse isn't a guy.

That=SUCKS.

I've had atleast 100 EKGs by now, and that heart moniter I just got done wearing [finally] about 2 days ago, was basically just a traveling EKG.

...annd, she's right. Heart murmur's aren't really anything serious, they can just be annoying at times. Soooo, no worries. You'll be fine. ...You probably already knew that.

/endrandomsleepyranting
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby chaotic century » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:33 am

ok so that was actually my ECG... lol I just got my EKG monday... the nurse messed up but the doctor said they didn't have to do another test. Besides ripping out some of the few chest hairs I have, I'm ok... as I told them all along. They also took my blood count cause they thought that might have had something to do with my heart murmur. he said it was about average just one below and so he recomended eating more red meat and greens and a multi vitamin every day. I'm glad it's all over with now. I was really ticked off when they said that I might not be able to play soccer and that I would have to pay a butt load of money to get it all checked out. but luckily it all worked out and we didn't end up paying more than $300 which would have still been less then paying for the office visit alone. Thanks for your comments and good luck Wolfie, I hope the doctors find out whats wrong soon and you can be done with all that.

neero is my master

chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Return to Tower of Babble