Austin American Statesman drops Foxtrot

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Austin American Statesman drops Foxtrot

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:09 am

There are about 9 comics I read out of the total 31 or so that the Austin American Statesman. Foxtrot, BC, Blondie, The Born Loser, Classic Peanuts, Baby Blues, Mutts, Ziggy, and Garfield. Foxtrot is among the best (certainly better than Baby Blues and Garfield), imho. Sort-of a syndicated version of Penny Arcade.

Unfortunately, it now appears that the Austin American Statesman has dropped Foxtrot. Which is a shame. The comic they replaced it is Candorville which looks about as exciting as the 22 comics I already don't read.

I did hear one interesting observation about it, though - I guess most of the cartoons in the Austin American Statesman feature white people, solely, whereas Candorville features minorities seemingly exclusively.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Dev » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:52 am

probably because of "white" people that complain that there aren't any colored people because they "care" and want people to know that they aren't "racist" but inside they actually are.
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:45 am

That does indeed seem possible.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to Tower of Babble