English Composition II

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

English Composition II

Postby Megafrost » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:46 pm

Back in the fall, Chronofrost was taking English Composition I and would of course be taking Comp. II this spring. J0E64 for whateve reason, had not taken Comp. II and so he decided to take it with Chronofrost. I was not satisfied with the C I had gotten in this class before, so...

All 3 of us are taking this class, at the same time and the same room.

At the moment, it's not going nearly as well as I would've liked. For the past couple of weeks, we've been stuck with a substitute teacher who can't/won't accept our papers. So now the entire class is falling behind. Paper 4 is due Thursday next week, but nobody has even had their second paper accepted. Plus the rules state that we cannot submit our paper 4 until paper 3 is accepted, which we can't submit until paper 2 is accepted, and so on. J0E64 is in an even worse boat, where he's stuck on paper 1.

In short, I really hate this substitute. :pissed I may even blow off class next week if he's still there(which he SHOULDN'T be, but if I'm unlucky...).
Last edited by Megafrost on Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dev » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:14 pm

So... Who's George again?
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Megafrost » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:07 pm

*edits*
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby OmegaFrost » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:39 pm

that sucks! Why won't he except the papers?

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Megafrost » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:46 pm

I don't know. Something about wanting our regular teacher to see them or something. What really bugs me the most is that this is our 3rd week being stuck with him.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Evlfrost » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:10 am

I would see if there wasn't someway to complain (Dean's office maybe?).
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:53 pm

Or you could try complaining in a more direct and immature manner, perhaps with tacks, superglue, or maybe even some some contact explosive paint on his chair. Yeeeah...

Then again, that might be overboard, and likely illegal.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Dev » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:59 am

I had a feeling George was Joe94. Do Evl's suggestion. Or you could find out your teacher's address and drop your paper in his mailbox. :)

Did your subsitute tell you why your teacher was absent for the past weeks, anyway? Does your teacher know that if he doesn't accept them, he's gonna get a ton of work when he comes back? Kinda wierd, if you think about it. Doesn't the teacher realize that he's going to be bombarded with papers if he doesn't accept them?

edit: Wait, so the subsitute teaches you everything. he doesn't read anything from a book and isn't a noob, right? if so, then he has the right to check your papers? right?
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Megafrost » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:53 am

George is Chronofrost, noe J0E64.

We know exactly why the regular teacher has been gone for so long. And yeah, she'll have a ton of work when she gets back. The substitute does have the right to accept our papers, but for some reason he doesn't. It's really annoying.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Evlfrost » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:37 pm

Seriously make an administrative complaint.

He's totally dicking y'all over.
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:20 pm

I was once trying to renew the frostjedi.com domain and was unable to do so for whatever reason. So I contacted our domain name registrar and never got a reply. A week passed and nothing. I then sent them an email threatening to contact the people on whose behalf they sold domain names if they didn't help me. That got a really fast response.

The lesson to take from that, I think, is that sometimes the most effective thing you can do is threaten to take it over someone's head. Unfortunately, finding out just who is over that persons head isn't always easy. If you go to far over someone's head, you'll just be ignored. You're likely not going to be able to ask the substitute who his immediate manager is, either.

Anyway, which campus is this? And which class? My Dad works at ACC, so I'll ask him if maybe he can give any advice :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Megafrost » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:55 pm

This is at the NRG campus. Not really sure what you mean by which class.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:23 am

Megafrost wrote:This is at the NRG campus. Not really sure what you mean by which class.

I'm not really sure what I meant by that, either, heh.

I'll try to ask my Dad on Sunday :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:24 am

My Dad's suggestion wasn't all that helpful, imho. He just recommended contacting the assistant dean. I guess there's not a super clear cut chain of command, or whatever.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Megafrost » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:33 pm

Looks like the other class members have already talked to our regular teacher about this issue. She's finally back, and from now until spring break she's allowing us to submit 2 papers at once and she is extending her office hours. She plans on not only being caught up by spring break, but being ahead.

Big, big relief. Though it means playing catch up for a week or so, it's better than trying to play catch up for a month.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Next

Return to Tower of Babble