Workin' Out

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Workin' Out

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:49 am

Does anyone else? I recently finally got on a regular and consistent schedule with this. Membership in the local gym being included with tuition helps.

I've been doing a combination of cardio and weightlifting, plus some specific things I've been reading about in 'The Art of Expressing the Human Body', which is about Bruce Lee, culled from his diaries, notes, etc. on his exercise and how he developed his insane physique.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Megafrost » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:07 pm

Nope, the closest thing I've gotten to exercise over the past few months is regularly playing the Wii, and carrying a 20 pound backpack at school.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Gigafrost » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:18 pm

No regular exercise here... other than walking down the stairs of the parking garage (12? flights) and walking back up those same stairs.

I really need a treadmill for my room. Imagine if I walked half the time I watched anime...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby OmegaFrost » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:21 pm

other than having to walk every where I go now? nope.

Though all my classes are now on the other side of campus from each other.

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby chaotic century » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:27 am

I've been wanting to get back to lifting weights... but I'm too lazy and my excuse is I can never find time between playing FF7 and watching tv and laying around the house.. I used to be kinda toned but now it's slipping away lol
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Drazo » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:47 am

I'm trying to work out how several dozen spammers got my main personal e-mail address when I never shared it in public before. My best guess is someone who's got it in their contact list has got an infected computer somewhere.... :blah
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:05 am

That sounds like a very difficult work-out session, Drazo. Don't strain yourself. (Limit yourself to beating the culprit senseless.)

The little workout I was getting suddenly disappeared... I became employee of the month and the parking spot is in the garage across the street, which has an elevator.

Heh... ^.^;;
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Megafrost » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:30 am

That reminds me of a Monk episode.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dracofrost » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:48 pm

Don't worry. I'm not straining myself, and in fact with my recent personal recreational research (what? Don't you look up information online for fun, too?) I've been kindof obsessing over exercise, physiology, technique, etc. Changed my program w/ a mainly strength and power focus, will be doing more when I get better information compiled.

But yes, I'm definately not straining myself, just progressively pushing past my limits. I'm already up to squating 200 pounds for reps, and I'm sure I can do more. Just wish the gym had a decent Power Rack instead of a Smith Machine so I could properly work my stabalizers and balance.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Return to Tower of Babble