You know what really sucks?

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

You know what really sucks?

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:18 pm

All of the fun explosives are being made illegal by the ATF and Homeland Security. They're trying to make even the very boring, incredibly safe and controlled ones used in high powered model rocketry require permits, not just to move across state lines, but now even to be moved around in state. Ugh.

Yet back in the 60's you didn't need a damn license to make a rocket with freaking HYDRAZINE AND NITRIC ACID! Argh!
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Megafrost » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:58 pm

rocket with freaking HYDRAZINE AND NITRIC ACID

What does that mean to the layman?
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:55 pm

Highly toxic, dangerously unstable, and highly corrosive (read: fun) chemicals that produce a very powerful and violent reaction, making them good rocket (if dangerous) rocket fuels. Their waste products are also fairly toxic if I recall correctly.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Megafrost » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:48 pm

I'm afraid I can't empathize, but then I'm a boring non-pyro.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby OmegaFrost » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:57 pm

... are they outlawing the production of explosives from harmless household items... like styrofoam and gasoline... :biggrin
Last edited by OmegaFrost on Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Dev » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:37 am

omg, omegafrost is alive.
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:12 pm

OmegaFrost wrote:... are they outlawing the production of explosives from harmless household items... like styrofoam and gasoline... :biggrin

The resultant napalm is probably already on the ATF list of 'dangerous substances'. No, I was just talking about APCP, or ammonium perchlorate composite propellent, a common, very safe and simple propellent used in home-made amateur solid rockets. I mean, geeze. What the frell?
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Megafrost » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:26 am

Parents being too lazy to raise their own children and trying to pass the job off to the government. Of course here in Texas, we distrust big government and give the state government scraps to work with.

Which means we have a vast number of children going to public school, and the schools are vastly underfunded and incapable of doing anything.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Return to Tower of Babble