Oi give us back our cold weather!

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Oi give us back our cold weather!

Postby Drazo » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:30 pm

I heard that even Arizona (which IIRC is a southern state) has much colder weather then what anywhere of the UK has been generally experiencing.

Temps are often been hanging around 8 - 12 C (about 46 - 54 F) here.

Most frosties - How's it in Texas?

Dev - What's it like in New York (if that's where you are)?

Chat & Draco - How's it cooling in Georgia?
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:19 pm

Temperature is in the low 40s F here. It is predicted to drop below freezing at around 6:00 PM CST and it's supposed to ice over, sleet, everything except snow over the next couple days.

I'm gonna have to keep an eye on my college's website in case they're closed for the first day of school.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby ChatOmbre » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:06 am

Eh, the car's windshield is only frosted over in the mornings every few days... not even every day... and it's the only thing that's been icy around here.

Some afternoons have been hot enough that I coulda worn a tank top and still be comfortable.

And the last couple of winters... we didn't get snow, we just got snow-like muddy slush. This year we haven't even gotten muddy slush yet.
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:17 pm

Darn this freezing over! Giga is working at home today, which means I still can't start playing Twilight Princess. :(
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby chaotic century » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:29 am

it's a chilly 70 degrees F here in Florida. break out the jackets lol it's cooler than it was during christmas...
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:10 pm

Woke up this morning, and it's kinda white outside. Not nearly enough to play in, but enough to keep us off the roads and cancel school and stuff.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Belkana » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:59 pm

School was cancelled yesterday. Freezing rain. More like hail to me (as I didn't know it was cancelled until after I went outside), there's snow now. It's rather cold.
Moo. Meow.
Belkana
Traveler

Postby Dev » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:24 pm

There. Is. No. Snow.

:(
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Belkana » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:20 pm

Take mine. I don't particularily like snow. I mean it's nice to look at, not to walk in, especially when there's ice in it, and my backpack is about 40lbs, and idiots on the street can't be bothered to get out and shovel the sidewalk, or put out some salt, except three nice old ladies.

Yeah, take the snow.
Moo. Meow.
Belkana
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:46 am

School is apparantly closed again tomorrow. If it is still closed on Thursday, that means I get my entire first week off. Which is like an extra week of vacation. Which is good.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dev » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:41 pm

Do you know what this means? There hasn't been a speckle of snow for the first time in December for the past, what, 100 years?

Global warming is real. Megafrost is a supporter of Bush.

OMG.
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Megafrost » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:06 pm

Okay, so schools around here open after the morning is over. ACC opens at noon while UT opens at 11:00 am. And since my one class today is at 9:10, I got no school today. Which means I've just escaped an entire first week of school.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dev » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:57 pm

Damn.
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Postby Drazo » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:32 pm

I've had about 3 'cold snaps' so far but still no snow and little frost. Yay for the next x amount of days being colder..................boo for the next x amount of days with no signs of snow. :sleepy
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:41 pm

It's getting cold again here, though no snow or anything resembling ice. But still cold enough that my parents are out shopping for firewood right now.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Next

Return to Tower of Babble