Prom

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Prom

Postby chaotic century » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:39 pm

Prom is this friday, it's going to be great! yes, it is just a homeschool prom so it isn't going to be some crazy huge partay, but what can you do.
the great thing is I still don't have a suit! ..... everything either doesn't fit, or costs 500 bucks... but then all the ones that do fit and are cheap are tuxedo jackets! I don't want a tux. I am looking at one jacket that is 175 but it fits great and I should be able to afford it when my paycheck comes in tomorrow...

And on a side note, I got glasses a few weeks ago.. and I look good with them. it's great being able to see.
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Roadkill » Mon May 01, 2006 1:38 pm

Most places will allow you to rent a tux... I go tmine from Goodies the same week of my prom -- $20-$30 late charge fee, and i didn't need shoes -- came to about $64.04 for the entire thing, with insurance. Otherwise, $40.

I'm not sure what you want, but I assume you mean by suit a tux with a tie. I just don't think bright orange sealab jumpsuits go well with prom. You're date would despise you forever. you can get a tie or bowtie, or whatever you want with a rental. And it' won't sit in your closest forever and ever collecting dust.

I had mine the last sat (22nd). they only played rap music, and us being white and unable to dance... it was a sight, i'm sure. But i had the most fun, regardless. I hope yours turns out at least as well!
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby chaotic century » Mon May 01, 2006 4:12 pm

I'm going to just get a jacket, some slacks and a nice shirt and a tie. I went over to JCPenny yesterday and they had a nice sale going for jackets and slacks. and I had a nice shiny red shirt and a cool tie on, and I looked pretty good. My parents keep telling me I need something nice and dressy for special occassions so I guess buying a nice suit is worth it. but then said special occassions only come up once in a while so I'll basically be spending alot of money and letting it sit in the closet lol.
I was thinking about going like the guys in dumb and dumber.. lol but then I thought again. lol though I wouldn't mind wearing a top hat... and I wouldn't have to worry about my date... it's a homeschool thing and most of the homeschool parents there aren't letting their kids bring dates haha.

I'm not sure what kinda music they'll play but it doesn't matter cause I can't dance anyway... it should be quite interesting.

neero is my master

chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Roadkill » Mon May 01, 2006 11:15 pm

what a drag, not being able to bring a date. That's most of the fun!

and i'm serious, ask about rentals. Save yourself some bucks. Bodies and fashions tend to change on your closet clothes.
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby chaotic century » Tue May 02, 2006 3:35 am

well I went out anyway and got my suit. JCPenny had an awesome sale and I got a jacket, slacks, 2 button up shirts (they both look so good lol) and 2 ties to match both shirts and a belt. for about $234 if they didn't have the sale that would almsot be doubled. but the pants are a bit to tight in the waste... so I'm go back tomorrow and get a bigger size and one shirt is at the tailors to be taken in a bit.

It's annoying trying to find stuff that fits me nice. I'm actualy pretty skinny, I never thought I was that skinny until I tried on button up and suits that fit in the shoulders but went way out at the waste. The button ups especialy would flair out to much... One gay guy I talked to at dillards told me I needed more of a europpean cut for a jacket, he was good and knew what he was talking about. alot better than the creepy old guy at JCPenny, who jsut followed me around and would only say that I should get pleated pants... lol I already told him I didn't want pleated. lol

yeah, no date is kinda meh,but this is with a different homeschool group and I really don't know to many people personaly. Most of them my friend knows cause he's on the track team with them, but I only know them cause i show up to a track meet or some event and of course hanging out with my friend who all the girls love they sometimes talk to me as well lol. There is one girl I would take, but I don't really know her well and she only remembers me because we danced once at the valentines dance. ha it's great all these dances and stuff and no dates allowed, homeschoolers are so much fun. nah we go crazy anyway. wow you shoulda seen us at the valentines dance, no one really knew how to dance but we all had to much punch and danced anyway. heh that was a good night....

neero is my master

chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Roadkill » Wed May 03, 2006 12:14 am

You should take her then. I took a girl i liked but never went out with yet, too. As long as you like her, you can't go wrong, man. She'll love you for asking in the first place! Thats like a ++ for the end of the night.
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Wolfie » Wed May 03, 2006 5:32 am

G'luck and have fun, CC.

...RK was sooo cuuute. *Pinches his cheeks some more* xp
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Roadkill » Wed May 03, 2006 10:48 pm

Wolfie wrote:G'luck and have fun, CC.

...RK IS sooo cuuute. *Smooches his cheeks some more* xp

fixed :D
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Wolfie » Thu May 04, 2006 2:42 am

lol.

Gasp!

I'm gunna tell your woman, RK! Tsk tsk.

How goes the luck, CC?
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby chaotic century » Fri May 05, 2006 3:01 am

holy crap it's tomorrow lol. the funny thing is, I don't have my ticket yet..... I never got it, not sure it matters intirely... And I didn't ask the girl because, well I don't know her number, e mail address or anything...lol so I'll jsut see what happens. I'ma try and get a picture with her... lol I can't wait to see how that will work out. and if that don't work, there's always option number 2, bring my own camera, run up really quick next to her have someone take the picture then run away lol.

Gah I still gotta shine my shoes... not sure how to but I'll figure it out somehow.

well I'll inform y'all how it goes.
right now I'm off to go play more kingdom hearts!

neero is my master

chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Dev » Fri May 05, 2006 10:46 pm

so..... umm... how was the prom?
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby chaotic century » Mon May 08, 2006 5:25 pm

Prom was awesome! I saw a bunch of people I haven't seen in awhile, had a ton of shirley temples lol and danced the night away. the first hour (7) was buttlered hor'derves (sp?) and pictures, the next hour (8) was the meal, and then a ceremony for the seniors. then at 9:20 we all started dancing until 11:30.

neero is my master

chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Dev » Mon May 08, 2006 6:54 pm

I buy alot of shirley temples at the local bowling alley near my street. Now it is gone. :'(. Staples took it.

DAMNIT!!! WHYYYYYY!!!

Yeah anyway, my brother has his senior prom in June 20 or something.
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Roadkill » Wed May 10, 2006 1:07 pm

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?!?!?!
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby chaotic century » Fri May 12, 2006 3:03 am

haha I didn't really get any at prom.... my batteries were like dead.... >.< doh! but I took some at my friends house... which I might be able to post... if i can get on my other comp....

neero is my master

chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Return to Tower of Babble