*blasts the phone with a flamethrower* >.<

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

*blasts the phone with a flamethrower* >.<

Postby Kaos » Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:17 pm

or rather the person on the other end..

there are people who call my house...but never answer whenever i say hello...
and sometimes you'd here a click as if they hung up :pissed:

bad bad people *growls at the phone*

Kaos v.2 Chim Edition
Kaos
Heroic Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:27 pm

Have you ever let the answering machine handle it? A lot of times automated telemarketing machines are designed to hang up if they get a real person instead of an answering machine.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Kaos » Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:37 pm

>.< blah, well i dunno i can't just let the phone ring....
i dnno really who it is and CID doesn't really help much either <_<

Kaos v.2 Chim Edition
Kaos
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:04 am

most of the annoying calls we get are phone marketers, as well... the most annoying one i can recall is when one of them called, and asked for my roommate by his first name. so they seemed to be on a first name basis... they then asked me if i was his roommate, and then started asking me questions... they didn't start out very personal, and were questions that i could well imagine friends asking their friends roommates... but then, it got more personal. eventually, they asked me something like... well, i forget what it was like, hehe, but by that point, it was pretty clear it was a phone soliciter, and i just said something like... you know what? i have a class in a few minutes. bye.

the funny thing about that is that the time they called was around 8pm... so i definitly didn't have class, heh, but oh well. i also don't think they should have called that late, but oh well... phone marketeres have been sued before, to get them to stop, and a few years, latter, they started calling them again, so oh well...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:51 am

Nothing is more annoying than being asleep and having a telemarketer awaken you at 8 am. Some idiot from Home Shopping Network called us every day for a week and ARGUED that it was not too early to call. He could NOT seem to understand it was 3 hours EARLIER here than where he was calling from! Where do they find these people? :pissed:
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Nuxius » Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:55 am

Lucky for me, I'm a sound sleeper, the phone ringing doesn't ever wake me up. Although the people who are needing my help probably aren't too lucky... :oops:

Anyway, we have caller ID, so if it says unknown caller, I don't answer it.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:44 am

i like those calls. They're fun to play with. Like the last one that called, my dad read off his name number and his address to him. He hung up just as my dad was going through the street number...
telemarkets are the best.. though i got hit back by one, when i tried to sell him a pizza, he tired to sell back his wares.

Caller Id and a phone book never fails if the caller is the stupid enough to call from the same number. heh, i like the way my dad has begun playing the heads of people who prank calls us. The guy before that he asked the guy to keep talking since the trace were going slower than he thought...
What better than playing in the snow?

Drinking beer with friends while playing in the snow.
http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/nodwick/
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:08 am

LOL!!! That's a good one! :rotf

Most of the telemarkter calls we get are the computer generated ones so we can just hang up before they ever begin to talk. They have those things you can get that if someone places a computer generated call to you, it automatically blocks it. :)
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Return to Tower of Babble