shaving

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

shaving

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:08 am

i used to be able to shave without using any shaving cream... and i wouldn't get a nick... but recently, i have been getting nicks! i think i may need to start using shaving cream! NO!!!! my world is falling apart! :cry:
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:15 am

I think shaving cream smells nice...and it's a good way to keep track of the areas you haven't shaved yet...

Anywho, I've always used shaving cream...even back when I shaved my legs for swim meets. God, I'm glad I don't do that anymore...cutting yourself on the leg was the worst! :cry:
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Nyufrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:41 am

Poor Terra .... :p

But, Giga is right, it *does* smell nice! ^_^

As for athletes shaving their legs, arms, chests, heads, eyebrows, etc. ... I've always found that to be ... strange! :shock: Well, except in football because they have to tape their socks up and the tape would be like cold waxing anyway. Giga, you should have tried wax! It doesn't hurt! :evil:
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Nuxius » Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:24 pm

I got tired of using shaving cream, so I just use an electric shaver now.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:28 pm

they make way to much noise for me to use them! although it doesn't sound particurarly loud on the outside, when someone else is using them, though, heh.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nuxius » Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:41 pm

I think that depends on which one you use. Some are louder than others.

I have a Braun which can be rather loud, but my Norelco is actually quite quiet (heh).
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby OmegaFrost » Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:08 am

um........ Karen dreadfully sorry but how do you know how shaving cream smells? :shock: Im sorry I must be very confused or something.

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:21 am

Well .... because you can still smell it on guys after they shave .... if you're close enough. :p And, "close enough" could be different for individuals based on how keen their sense of smell is, if there is a breeze and so on. For example, if you sit together on the same side of a table, or in the front seat of a car or at the movies or whatever. Also, it obviously quite easy to smell if you hug the person. :wink:
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Evlfrost » Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:29 am

????Terra you didnt use shaving cream? I hate shaving. Ive been shaving for about 4 years now (which is kinda odd since im only 16) and I still hate it.
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:57 am

shaving cream takes way too long ;-)
i don't like it either, but no need to prolong it! :)
well... a need is now sorta developing :(
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nuxius » Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:24 am

Yeah, I find myself prolonging is sometimes...

I've been shaving for at least 12-14 years now... it gets so old. At least I have a mustache and goatee, so I don't have so shave those areas. :D
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Evlfrost » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:25 pm

Well hey look on the bright side, at least youre not a woman.
*Stands in awe of the things women manage to do.*
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:16 am

At least you're not a woman? What?? :shock:

*slaps a cold wax strip on evlfrost's upper lip and yanks it off*

At least little girls don't sit around daydreaming about one day getting to shave their legs whereas little boys just can't wait to shave and then always wind up complaining about it when they do. :p
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Gigafrost » Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:35 am

To be honest the only hair I was sure I wanted (other than the hair on the top of my head) was a mustache...until I actually had one and everybody told me they liked me better without one.
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Nuxius » Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:15 am

Actually I was too obsessed with growing tall to worry about that. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever had a moment where I thought "I wish I could grow some hair."

Sure did worry about being short though. And now I'm the 3rd tallest member in my family! :D (by family I mean people I actually keep in contact with, things like my Aunt's, Uncle's, grandparents, great grandparents, cousions and the like. What I don't mean is someone like my second cousion's father's cousions daughter, whoever the hell that is :p)
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Next

Return to Tower of Babble