Terrible swim meet

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Terrible swim meet

Postby Megafrost » Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:58 pm

Gah...today's swim meet went terrible. I wasn't swimming that great at all, and I only did well on one event. I guess that's what happens when the pool doesn't have a warm-down pool(which is absolutely necessary to have a good day at the meet).

I have to swim at the same pool tomorrow...

It's one of the smallest competition pools that I have ever seen. It's 25 yards long, and it's only wide enough for 6 lanes instead of the usual 8. Not to mention the place where you dive in is only 4-6 feet deep. :\
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:04 pm

Hmmm .... *doesn't know a thing about swimming so can't comment on the structure of the pool*

However, I'm sorry you had a bad day ... are you still sick? Maybe that was a factor? I dunno ... anyways, better luck tomorrow!!! ^_^
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Megafrost » Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:11 pm

Nah, I recovered from that sickness sometime last Wednesday and forgot to post about it. :oops:

The biggest factor was probably the fact that I couldn't do an easy warm-down swim after each event, and the tiredness probably built up as the meet went on.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Kaos » Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:26 pm

*can't tell anything about swimming for anything*

>.< well, i hope they can fix that..or somehow they suddenly change the meet to a different location for weird reasons :p

Kaos v.2 Chim Edition
Kaos
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:42 am

If the meet suddenly changed locations, I'd know that I'm not in the real world. :p

I just remembered another factor that could've influenced my meet...I only went to 3 swim practices this week instead of the usual 5...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Nyufrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:54 am

One would think extra swimming would just make you more tired. :p
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Megafrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:55 am

Bah. As far as I can tell, olympic-level swimmers swim at least twice as often as I usually do. The human body can handle alot more than you think it can. :p
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:22 am

Well, atleast some human bodies :lila:
Anyways, sorry to hear about your loss - better luck next time! :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Megafrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:21 pm

Oh god...today was even worse! There was just nothing that I could do to prevent missing my best time by 10-15 seconds... I wasn't getting enough rest in between events and I was feeling exhausted right before each event(except for the first one)... :(
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:12 pm

eep. maybe that illness that karen spoke of is still with you, just in a sorta depreciated form?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Megafrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:06 pm

That's what dad said...he said he could tell from my voice that I still wasn't completely fine...that's probably what happened to my swim meet...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Kaos » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:32 pm

aw poor megafrost :(
are you still going to swim meets like that, or are you going to rest a bit before you go again?

Kaos v.2 Chim Edition
Kaos
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:50 pm

I think my next swim meet is actually in January, so I've got quite a bit.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby OmegaFrost » Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:02 am

:shock: thats a small pool! Better luck next time by the way did they let you warm up if not down that might explain it. :lila:

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Megafrost » Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:28 pm

If by warm-up, you mean warm-up right before each event, no. :lila:

There was the usual meet warm-up before the actually meet begins.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Next

Return to Tower of Babble