Many things have happened over the past week...

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Many things have happened over the past week...

Postby Nuxius » Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:22 am

LOL, I remember late last week, I was typing an email to Arvynia saying how boring my life had become lately, that nothing had really been "happening" for me. Same old, same old, day in and day out... Blah.

Well, it seems as if it was just more of "the calm before the storm" because tons of things started happening to me the day after I wrote that.

Well, let's see what all has happened in the last few days...

My boss over at the videostore where I work at (who I was personal friends with before I even started working there) finally went through with what he has been telling me was planning to do for a while now.... I've finally been promoted to a manager, and that means I now get to work there full time! Yeah!

Of course, this also meant I had to quit my other job (which doesn't bother me anyway) over at EB. My boss over there is a super a-hole, I gave him my 2 weeks notice at the beginning of this week, but he basically just told me to go about 2 days later... whatever. Good riddance.

Anyway, come to find out, he wants me to start at his smallest store (start out easy and work to the top, makes sense) which just happens to be over an hour away from where I previously lived.

I didn't really want to have to drive an hour to and from work everyday, that would mean I would be out at least 10 to 11 hours out of the day... YUCK! So, I was going to move.

Well, come to find out, in this dot on the map, the only "non-ghetto" looking apartment they had in the area had no vacancies. Yay. :|

But places can open at any time, so I checked with my apartment (where I used to live) to see about just renting by the month... They wanted to charge me an extra $200 a month from what I previously paid(when I had a 6 month contract)! ATCH! That was out of the question, had a hard enough time affording it as it was... so I was in a bind.

So my dad comes up, and in his usual non-direct way, tells me that I can live with them for a while if I needed too.... they only live in the next town over, and it's only about a 5 min drive to where I work from their house.

Not an option I really wanted to take, but after weighing everything out, I really didn't have much of a choice, unless I stuck with driving over an hour to work every day (not doing that again), or checking out the ghetto-ville apartements for vacancies (I value my life, so that is out of the question :p)

So, over the past few days, I put most of my stuff into storage (something I was planning to do anyway, even if I could have affored a "by the month" rent with my former apartment), and moved what little I had into the spare bedroom in my parents house.

So, at least until an apartment opens up again (hopefully soon, but I doubt it, given the nature of the town) I'm now living with my parents... I'm curious to see how this is going to work out.

If it doesn't I can always bug my sister to let me stay with her for awhile.(she live about 10 min away in the oppisite direction)

Also, this means that my posting times will change. One day I could be here in the afternoon, the next day at night. Who knows. Just don't expect to see me at nights always, like it used to be.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:40 am

All I can say is WOW! :shock:

You seem to have done more in a week than I've done in a lifetime! Well, maybe not, still still .......... :lol:

Congratulations on your promotion!! :thumbs: I think it will be easier just to work at one job full-time than at two part-time.

Living with parents again once you move away might be difficult to get used to at first --for both of you-- but it has some great benefits too! ^_^ Like you, I would sure rather do that than live in a crappy apartment in a bad part of town. And you sure can't beat that commute! :thumbs:
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Nuxius » Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:51 am

Yeah, one full time job should definitely be easier than 2 part time ones... it also gives a little more free time. Hopefully I'll be able to go to bed a little earlier than I have... Lead a bit more of a "normal" life, heh. :oops:

As for the parents thing, you're right. After all, you would know that better than anyone else here. (although I'll be learning a lot about it myself over the next couple of months/whatever)

It should be an interesting road ahead, an interesting road ahead indeed.

Only bad thing is that I don't think my friend (he posted on CR a couple of times as Utsustu Mijuro) is too happy about it. We lived in the same apt. complex, so we (and his girlfriend) could hang out virtually every day. That's not going to be possible now.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:03 am

*wonders if you are remembering the post I made on Magus's board ... I don't ever remember posting about it on CR but maybe* :oops:

You're lucky that your parents prefer your superior TV .... my mother prefers her inferior TV and my superior TV is in the garage because it won't fit in my room. :cry:
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Nuxius » Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:26 am

Yeah, I remembered the post you made at Magus' board. :)

You're lucky that your parents prefer your superior TV .... my mother prefers her inferior TV and my superior TV is in the garage because it won't fit in my room.
Well that sucks! :( Sorry to hear that... Is it that you just can't fit it in the door, or what? Even if it was too big for the room in general, I'd probably say "screw it" and find a way to put it in there anyway.

Wouldn't be good for the eyesight though. :|
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:48 am

Naw it could fit in the door but .... there would be no place to put it once it was in here! I have a computer desk, chair, 6' bookshelf, 2 nightstands, a double bed, a chest of drawers and a triple dresser in here already. :p

I am still annoyed at myself for selling (very cheap) my smaller TV and game thing ... not that I was any good, but it was fun.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Kaos » Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:24 pm

meh, stick the t.v on the floor. f it's superior then it's worth it :thumbs:
lol, j/p don't listen to me >.<

well, i somehow found reading ur post very interesting (congrats on manager :wink: )

i hope you find an apartmnt soon, i dunno about you..but parents can drive a person crazy... :| i know...i live it... :oops:

Kaos v.2 Chim Edition
Kaos
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:37 am

the bright side to living with your parents is that you'll have practically no expenses - all the money you earn, you'll pretty much get to keep, pretty much :)
and now that you've lived on your own, hopefully your parents will grant you more freedom than you enjoyed before you moved out for the first time? :)

i'm hoping to get an apartment pretty soon, myself, although i don't know anyone whom i could get it with :(
the one person i thought i could get an apartment with seems to have changed his mind...

i mean, i'm sure i could sorta go potluck and find some roommate wanted ad, but... if i did that, i might as well get a dorm again, heh.

anyways, good luck with your new job, Noxious, and with living with your parents again! :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nuxius » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:03 pm

Heh heh, LOL, my dad's already starting to take advantage of me being in the house. :lol:

He's into this whole Microsoft Train Simulator thing (my dad loves trains) and he's making all these things for it. He's trying to do the textures, but before he couldn't do them very well, because he doesn't know what he's doing.

But now that I'm here, he's already asked me at least 10 different questions about stuff in Photoshop, all within the pasy 3 hours! LOL, I'm having a hard time trying to read all the posts here, everytime I get into it, he comes in asking me another question.

That's also brings up another problem he's always had, that I can see he hasn't gotten rid of. The man never knocks, never, he just comes bursting in like a mad-man.

It's kinda funny right now, but I know it will get old again, fast.

I can only hope someone moves out of one of those apartments soon. :oops:

Also, my first day went quite well yesterday, I see more of what he's wanting me to do now. Some of the day he spent showing me different things I'd have to do, and for the rest of the day I did the same job I have always done. :oops:

But soon I will be doing my various jobs for all of his 5 stores in the area, that means lots of driving, but oh well. At least right now I'm centrally located, unlike I was before.

One of the other nice things he was telling me was that all I have to do is get my job done for that day. So if I get done a few hours early, then I am done for the day, but get paid fulltime anyway. Cool. 8)

From what I'm getting he and his wife want to be able to get out and enjoy life more often, so he's slowly working me into doing the various jobs he and his wife used to do.

Should be interesting.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Kaos » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:38 pm

Noxious wrote:But now that I'm here, he's already asked me at least 10 different questions about stuff in Photoshop, all within the pasy 3 hours! LOL, I'm having a hard time trying to read all the posts here, everytime I get into it, he comes in asking me another question.

ahhhh my dad bugs me about photoshop too >.< and he seems to forget everything i said by the next day,so i end up writing countless instructions for him to use o__O

but it's nice hearin about ur job and getting full days pay :p
i wish i could do that...i think i'm jealous of you :roll:

Kaos v.2 Chim Edition
Kaos
Heroic Guard

Postby Nuxius » Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:38 pm

LOL, yeah I know, I had to tell him some of the same things at least 5 times... I pretty much ended up doing most of it myself, because I got agitated... Still have many things to try to get used to again...

He's out right now though, so I'm safe. :oops:
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:57 pm

Noxious wrote:I'm having a hard time trying to read all the posts here, everytime I get into it, he comes in asking me another question.

That's also brings up another problem he's always had, that I can see he hasn't gotten rid of. The man never knocks, never, he just comes bursting in like a mad-man.

Are you sure you aren't living with my mom?? :p

She isn't interesting in using the computer herself but likes to have me look up things for her and gets annoyed if I'm busy with something else. And, if I'm talking to people on AIM, she doesn't understand why I need to tell them BRB before I just get up and go off to do something else.

I keep my door closed all the time because I like to have the window open and she bursts in when she feels like it. Sometimes she knocks and sometimes she doesn't ..... good thing I'm never up to no good! :oops:
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Nuxius » Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:57 am

gets annoyed if I'm busy with something else.
Totally! My dad's always been that way...

Anyway, today, my mom was coming in my room to tell me they were getting ready to fix lunch, and I heard my dad in the background scream "Don't knock! Don't knock!".

Of course, my mom knocked anyway, because she is a nice person. :D

My dad also has a problem with closing my door once he's done talking to me... I always tell him he was born in a barn, or I call him a barnyard animal whenever he does that. :p
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:42 pm

hehe - my dad always asks me to find stuff for him, too! and then he'll want me to print it out. finding it isn't so bad, but printing it out is horrible. he doesn't want too much ink used, but he wants "all" the information, no matter how irrelevant. it would be really nice if my dad became comfortable with a computer... hehe... oh well...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nuxius » Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:00 am

Heh heh, if my dad was like that, I would probably contemplate printing out his stuff at draft quality with the smallest font size possible, margins set closest to the edge of the paper as possible.

Then hand him all the gray looking pages, and say "Here's your stuff, and here's a magnifying glass too, as you'll be needing it, since you wanted me to use the least amount of ink and paper I could.

Like I said though, I'd only contemplate it, doubt I'd ever actually go through with it though. :lol:
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Next

Return to Tower of Babble