Hello ;)

Fans and addicts of the popular online game can unite here to share tips or brag about their accomplishments.

Hello ;)

Postby nightshade53 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:32 pm

Hello there, I used to post on here a long time ago. I remember congratulating Megafrost on 85 slayer and looking down through the page, getting to 70 attack!

What are you fellas upto now?

I'm currently developing an account with lvl 1 prayer, for use in the duelling arena.
96 Ranged, 80 defence, 87 HP, 88 Combat so far.
nightshade53
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:41 am

At this moment, I'm preparing myself for the upcoming new minigame. My hunter level isn't nearly as high as I want, but my slayer level is high enough that I can kill the dark beasts for the dark bow.

If that update comes out tomorrow, I'll get straight to killing dark beasts. If it is for some other week, I'll instead raise my hunter level, hopefully getting it to 83 before the update.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby nightshade53 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:24 am

Well, with the release of the darkbow today, I guess you'll be camping at dark beasts. What do you expect the starting price to be? I would love to be able to buy one, but not if it would crippple my bank as they will go down anyway.

I should imagine your bank balance will rise significantly in the next few weeks :)
nightshade53
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:57 pm

I wasn't around for the starting prices, but from what I gather they started at 100m or so, and dropped very quickly to somewhere around 5m.

I'm camping here for a bit, but it's starting to seem to me like it isn't worth it. Bow prices are dropping, but not the bows themselves.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby nightshade53 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:30 pm

I'm GMT, so I was around for the early prices. There seemed to be alot of confusion, and it seems a few people lost alot of money on them, selling Phats to buy them and such.

I'm 96 range, and I'm intrested in what my max would be ;)

Dragon darts, I wonder if they will be any good for range staking?
nightshade53
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:32 am

*sigh*

End of the first day. Already dark bows have fallen to the ridiculously low price of 4 million(it's a rare drop from a high level monster requiring level 90 slayer to kill). And even though I was here for most of the day, I could even get ONE. ONE MEASLY LITTLE BOW!

So much for profiting off my hard-earned skill level. Instead all the whiny noobs who want the dark bow for free are manipulating the prices to rock bottom. And succeeding. Oh yeah, and those lazy little shits who stopped at 85 slayer and used wild pies to kill the dark beasts managed to get lucky and sell their bows for high prices. Kill a few and get one or two bows, yet I kill them all day long and get nothing. NOTHING.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby nightshade53 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:37 am

:\ I think it's still worth training there, I can imagine your frustration though.
What is the XP there like? I ranged slayer tasks till 70, taking a break right now. 90+ slayer must have taken alot of work.

I might be interested in buying one when you get one, hopefully it will be decent for training with addy arrows ;)
nightshade53
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:14 pm

Experience at dark beasts is only okay. Not spectacularly fast. They have plenty of hit points, but there are other monsters easy to hit that have plenty of hit points. At this point, I'm just gonna continue raising slayer. If I keep at it enough, I'll hit 99 attack and 99 hitpoints in a few days.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby nightshade53 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:18 pm

Seems that the price is rising.

I am rather annoyed, I hesisted buying one because I thought the price may drop even more. I will buy one tomorrow morning, hopefully for under 6m. :/
nightshade53
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:49 pm

Prices are around 4m right now. I did manage to grab 3 bows and sell them for 5.4m, 5.3m and 5.2m, respectively. Then I dumped money on 7902 dragon bones. Should be enough to get me to 83 prayer.

I still have 6m at the moment. I'm thinking I'll camp here and get a bow to keep for myself, maybe do some slayer assignments and get my attack and hitpoints to level 99, then I'll buy some yew/magic logs, flax and pure essence and work on my fletching.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby nightshade53 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:05 pm

I managed to pick one up for 5.2m

I'm working on hunter now, as I don't want to have to pay 10k for each arrow. :S
nightshade53
Traveler

Return to The RuneScape League