Achievement Diaries

Fans and addicts of the popular online game can unite here to share tips or brag about their accomplishments.

Achievement Diaries

Postby Megafrost » Wed May 09, 2007 10:58 pm

The recent update added Achievement Diaries to the game(or specifically, one for Karamja. Also, members only, sorry Raistlin)...basically, where in a given region in the game, there are a bunch of tasks you can do to "complete" the diary. They are separated into easy, medium and hard tasks. For example, picking 5 bananas from the plantation is an easy task, but obtaining a slayer assignment from Duradel is a hard task(it's hard because it requires level 100 combat and level 50 slayer).

Here's the stupid part: One of the medium tasks is to trade some items to an NPC for a machete. But...one of those items is goutweed tuber. And the *only* way to get one of those is to hope to randomly get one while cutting jungle bushes, and as it is, it's ridiculously rare. Or buy one from another player, but of course they're selling them for 200k now.

I didn't think that "having good luck" was supposed to be an achievement. :mad
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Raistlin » Thu May 10, 2007 12:39 am

you and your members only stuff!.... :p

it sounds like the X-Box 360 achievement system.....which is pretty cool..... :bah
Raistlin
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Thu May 10, 2007 1:54 am

It's entirely possible that they drew inspiration from the Xbox 360, but the purpose of the diaries seems to be more to get people to explore the land and look at the useful things it can offer.

Or *not* offer in some cases, as in...I still don't have a freaking goutweed tuber.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Raistlin » Thu May 10, 2007 11:53 am

just like some of the very hard achievements for my games....

just offers Headaches.....whats like the hardest Achievement?......
Raistlin
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Thu May 10, 2007 12:42 pm

At the moment, collecting the goutweed tuber is the hardest because it's so freaking rare. But that shouldn't be the hardest, because it's only a medium task.

I'm not exactly sure which one is the hardest, but here's three that I've picked out from the hard list:

*Become the Champion of the Fight Pits

The Fight Pits is a minigame where a whole bunch of players go into a pit and start fighting until there is only one survivor. If the other players are nice enough to let you win, this one isn't bad. But if they don't, you'll have the fight of your life.

*Successfully kill a Ket-Zek in the Fight Caves

A Ket-Zek is level 360. If you don't know what you're doing, it'll tear through you faster than the tazmanian devil.

*Be assigned a Slayer task by Duradel in Shilo Village.

You have to have completed the Shilo Village quest, which is already a hard quest. Inn addition, Duradel only hands out assignments to the toughest fighters. You need level 100 combat and level 50 slayer to obtain a task from him, hard to do if you don't already have them.

There's also kill a metal dragon, but bronze dragons aren't that difficult to kill if you know what you're doing.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Megafrost » Tue May 15, 2007 8:47 pm

After days of no success, I finally gave in and dropped 200k on a gout tuber. I seriously doubt they're going to change this, but it still makes me POed.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Return to The RuneScape League