PROUD!

Fans and addicts of the popular online game can unite here to share tips or brag about their accomplishments.

PROUD!

Postby nightshade53 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:25 pm

just gona say how proud i am a made 2mil this morning and now i just bought my very first whip! :D
nightshade53
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:09 am

Good work! Making the money for a whip is no small feat. Enjoy your whip! (but don't expect it to train your strength for you ;))
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby nightshade53 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:38 pm

O.o i cant train str! wot wep do high lvl ppl use to train str then? barrows? i used d scimmy to get 2 lvl 70 attack
nightshade53
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:54 pm

Well, the "high-level way" of training strength would be to use Dharok's set. The set deals more damage as your health gets lower, so many people get their health as low as they can then slap on protection prayer.If you don't get a lot of money, however, that method of training won't help too much. You'd need a lot of prayer potions to pull it off for extended periods of time.

Verac's set might work too, what with the set's ability to hit through armor(and prayer). But if you don't want to invest money in either of these, stick with the dragon scimitar. It's still a good weapon for training strength. Alternatively, you could just stay with the whip and stick it on the 'controlled' setting, but that means really slow levels. On the bright side, all of your combat stats will be raising on that setting.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby nightshade53 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:43 pm

i cant use barrows sets yet, i only have 61 def, so shud i get to 70 def with my whip, then use Veracs till 70 str, then dharoks.. (bout 2-3 weeks work for me probs)

are there any places with high lvl monsters right next to an altar?.. i know that there are sum lvl 64 wolves next to an altar sumwher... dont know exactly wher tho, i was a brand new member wen i came across it and havnt seen it since....
nightshade53
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:24 pm

Ahh, a place with a high-level monster next to an altar? You could try Ape Atoll. There's a building with an altar in it with a whole lot of monkey guards right next to it.

You don't *have* to use the barrows sets. Dragon scimitar is still a good strength-training weapon.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Return to The RuneScape League