Going for 85 slayer

Fans and addicts of the popular online game can unite here to share tips or brag about their accomplishments.

Going for 85 slayer

Postby Megafrost » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:14 pm

For some reason I cannot explain, I refuse to buy an abyssal whip(the best one-handed weapon) from another player. It's not the cost...I'm capable of raising the money for one. But if I'm not buying it from another player, the only way to get it is to kill abyssal demons and hope they drop it.

Abyssal demons require 85 slayer to kill. I am currently level 80.

There is approximately 1.2 million experience in between level 80 and level 85. Slayer is one of those skills that are slower to raise, but I did get around 135k experience yesterday. And at that rate, I just have to keep it up for 8 more days...

EDIT: I'd like to note that my real, much more achievable goal is 100k experience per day. And I'm well on track for this.

EDIT2: At my current pace, I'm likely to hit 85 slayer on Monday.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Megafrost » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:54 pm

Today is Monday, the 12th day, and I've hit 85 slayer! :D
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Drazo » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:01 pm

Go you! Although I haven't been on it again for a few days I might go on later....
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:51 am

And I've got me my whip. Goodbye, dragon scimitar!

Now I'm trying to get a dragon chainmail from dustdevils. It's a very rare drop, but it's the best non-degradeable armor in the game. Dustdevils require 65 slayer to kill, but I've had that for ages.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby darkvcmaster » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:07 am

I'm looking for an Abyssal whip, if i get one, my friend will give me 6mil, anything i ask for (as long as i give it back), and a Rune Kite and a Ring of Wealth, but I can't seem to get any money!

Megafrost, can you help me? O_O :bow
The statement below is False
The statement above is True

[spoiler]If you can read this, you don't need glasses[/spoiler]
darkvcmaster
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:36 pm

I have bad luck with abyssal whips. I'm not going to go to abyssal demons to get one, and even if I do I'm going to sell it for full price.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Megafrost » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:16 am

In case anyone is interested, I hit 90 slayer today.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby nightshade53 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:17 pm

wow! im training slayer atm, im lvl 45 lmao
nightshade53
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:19 am

Slayer is massive profits. I started making a whole lot of profit off it when I hit 55, and I continue to make lots of profit off it to this day.

Okay sure, turoths don't drop many good items...but they do drop level 3 clue scrolls at a reasonable rate.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby nightshade53 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:54 pm

Wots the quickest way to train slayer? I read a guide and it said use a cannon for quick xp. I've been meleeing all my tasks as I don't have a cannon. :p

100k xp a day! I only hav about 60k xp after a week O.o
nightshade53
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:26 pm

Anything that allows you to kill the monsters more quickly will get you faster slayer experience.

Cannons help you kill monsters faster.(especially in multi-combat areas)

So do super attack and super strength potions. Higher attack and strength levels also help here.

Equipment that boosts strength and attack help too.

Also, choosing the right slayer master is essential. I go to Vannaka in Edgeville dungeon if I'm trying to speed-train.

Know which assignments you should keep and which ones you should change in burthorpe. (and curse Jagex when you get a desert lizard assignment that you can't ditch)

Remember though, when I was getting 100k experience a day, I had a lot of free time. I won't be able to get anywhere near that amount in a day until summer vacation.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby nightshade53 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:45 am

Ahh...

I just got 142 desert lizards :puke
Ive been going to Cheldar in the lost city, because when I use the slayer gem it says the he is the best slayer master for me.
nightshade53
Traveler

Return to The RuneScape League